Leave me (a Severus and Edward friendship fanfic)

Introduction to a Harry Potter and Twilight Saga cross-over fanfiction

By bumblebee_5n4p3

'A life worth living' (Edward's POV + input from other Cullens/Jake)

'Leave me' (Severus' POV + input from other HP characters)

Thank you for clicking on my cross-over story! I so appreciate your interest in my writing and I hope you enjoy reading this brief introduction.

Important information:

DISCLAIMER: the characters in both of these stories are NOT of my creation; they are the imaginings of the wonderful JK Rowling and Stephenie Meyer. I am merely playing around with both of these worlds and forcing these amazing literary characters to meet!

COPYRIGHT statement: The plot lines and dialogue depicted in this story are of my own creation, and are not to be copied/pasted onto other websites or used without my expressed written permission. Therefore, all rights to this story are my own (with much thanks to Stephenie and JK for creating such a wonderful worlds), so please don't plagiarise my hard work. Thank you!

COPYRIGHT of other fan fictions: Just for the record, I have only read one cross-over story in my life. The author of that particular story is aware that I am writing my own cross-over, and I have assured her (honestly) that my story will be very different from hers. I imagine that the plot line I outline below may be quite a common one out there, but if this is the case, I have NOT read any such stories. Therefore, these ideas are entirely my own, and copyright of fellow authors was not in any way intended.

As underlined above, there are two stories that will come out of this cross-over: one from Edward's perspective and one from Severus'. However, there are times (especially towards the beginning of the story) where other characters may need their POV told for various reasons. However, once the story 'gets going' it will be an Edward/Severus fic. Therefore, the same story will be told from these two points of view (with brief inputs from other characters). For those who are concerned that they will be almost identical retellings, do not fear; they will be very different. As such, they will be posted as two separate stories, but as I say, they will revolve around the same plotline. Having said the above, please note that this story is still a work in progress.

I have not written ANY of the chapters for either of these stories. But rest assured that ideas, dialogue and plot twists are constantly on my mind! Therefore, updates will not occur consistently, but I promise to update whenever I have the next chapter ready to post; I will not hold out on you!

There are aspects of this story (especially at the beginning) that cover quite a serious topic. I will mention it again when I get to that part of my story, but I wish to say from the outset that in no way do I endorse the behaviour that I 'make' these characters do (or try to do) in my story.

Finally, I am a writer who loves to create plotlines compatible with canon. This means that, where possible, the events in canon will remain the same in my stories. However, given the context of this fanfic, I am hoping you will understand why I will need to make some substantial alterations to some aspects of the plot line. You will get an idea of how big these changes will be right now :)

Introduction

Anyone wishing to understand this cross-over story needs to read this introduction (to understand alterations I will be making to the canon timeline), and also have quite a firm knowledge of both the Harry Potter and Twilight worlds. But even if you don't, I hope it will still be an interesting story for you to read!

Anyway, this introduction will set the scene for the beginning of 'A life worth living' and 'Leave me'. Please note that I will update each story alternating (unless I am inspired to continue writing from one character's perspective for a while. If this is the case, you will find out on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/Bumblebee5n4p3 Please 'like' this page if you haven't already :D. Also, I will post up 'teasers' for the upcoming chapters on this page once I have written them :)