five

*If you want listen to How to Save a Life by The Fray while you read this*

Kathy

"Poor Kathy, Couldn't find a place to stay?"

"Styles must be miserable!"

"Kathy, Kathy, Kathy. Don't you realise Harry only feels bad for you? He doesn't care about you personally."

"He's probably using her."

The comments have been going in and out of my mind all day. Now that it's lunch time, I can finally head to the bathroom to really let out all the emotions. I run to the bathroom and drop my backpack near the sink. I place my hands over my head and let the tears fall.
I couldn't handle what they said. I never got used to it and it's been years. I sit down on the cold floor and wrap my arms around my legs.
What they said made sense, it always did. My fucked up mind believes it all. Maybe because it's true. Maybe Harry is actually using me for something. Maybe everything he's ever done for me was all a prank. Maybe... Maybe he doesn't care. And I could have been in love with him. I never wanted to admit that in a such short notice I would have fallen for the boy who saved me. Yes, he saved me. I never noticed but he did. I don't remember a day I spent with him where I was crying or cutting. I believe nobody is there for me anymore and nobody will ever, ever care. It's time I leave.

Harry

Where the hell is she? "Hey, do you guys know where Kathy is?"
They all smirk at me. "Aww, you can't find your sex toy?" What the fuck? "Excuse me?" I grab him and throw him to the floor. "Where is she?!" I scream. I haven't gotten much attention yet, hundreds of people are here. "Fuck, Styles! It's okay to have a sex toy!" I punch him across the face. "Where the fuck is she?!" I shout again. He coughs up blood,"Bathroom." I make my way to the girl's bathroom and open the door as quickly as I can. My eyes almost begin to create tears but I stop myself and try to save her. I grab the bottle from her hands and she notices my company. "No! Give it back!" She cries. I throw them out into the cafeteria and lock the door so we're alone. She falls to the floor and I sit down with her. I try to wrap my arms around her but she pushes me away. "Everyone keeps telling me you don't care! And you don't! So fuck off and let me die!"
I wrap my arms around her tight so she can't get away. "Why would you believe them? I'm trying to save you!" I really am, this is no longer a dare. Never really was. It was just us. Me falling for the girl who was just happy that someone was there. She finally stops and lets me hold her. She begins to calm down. "Please, don't hurt me," she whispers. I hold her head and wrap my lips around hers. "That was never the plan," I shake my head. I'm in love with you, I try to say but she needs some time before anything else occurs.
"Promise to stay?" She looks up at me. "Promise, Forever." And I cross my heart and hope to die if I'm not true to these words. I promise to stay, Kathy Brooks, "If you'll be mine,"

________________________

SHORT BUT BEAUTIFUL AM I RIGHT?