Chapter Three The Photo Shoot and Memories

PHOTO SHOOT…..VOGUE MAGAZINE

Photographer….Mr. Jackson, can you change into these pants and this white shirt?

Michael; It’s Michael if you please, smiling. And sure, taking the clothes. Give me 2 minutes okay?

Photographer; Sure thing. Your dressing room is right there. Pointing to the first door on the right of room.

Michael; Thank you. Michael heads over there into the room. Quickly he changes into the clothes but he can’t get Sunshine out of his mind. A soft smile touches his lips. He can remember the very last thing they said and did too before his family drove away from the house on 2300 Jackson St.Gary, Indiana for good.

(The Memory)

Sunshine: When you become a big star and everyone loves you. Remember no one will ever love you the way I do Michael. You are my best friend for life! I will always be you biggest fan! Smiling

Michael; Awwww..Sunshine I love you so!! No one will ever love you the way I do. I will come back for you! You’ll see!! I want you to be a part of my life always. Smiling leans in and kisses her cheek.

Sunshine; You my friend are a flirt!! Winking, but I love you any way.

Michael; I may be a flirt but I’m an honest one.

Sunshine; I’ll race you to Daniel’s Ice Cream Parlor.

Michel; Good luck!! They race off to get ice cream.

Sunshine and Michael had their favorite ice cream cones. Chocolate fudge and Chocolate chip. Walking home hand in hand as they ate them, Looking at each other. Both smiling and enjoying their last moments together. Sunshine looks at the Neverland Star tattoo. Rubbing Michael’s she smiles.

Sunshine: Your star looks amazing Michael. I think it’s so much better than mine.

Michael; Not possible! Yours is beautiful because you are. Michael looks at her. They stop eating their ice creams. I love you Sunshine.  He moves forward and kisses her softly on the lips. I mean it. I love you. Resting a hand on her hip. Michael kisses her again. 

When the kiss ends she rests her head on his shoulder. A tear starts to form. She doesn’t want him to go but knows he needs to. He has a singing career waiting for him in California and Michael is so good. Sunshine is so proud of him she won’t hold him back in this nothing town..After a few minutes, they parted and began to walk back to the house again.

Joseph: Let’s go Michael!! It’s time! California here we come!! Smiling as all his children get in the van.

Michael hugs Sunshine one more time. I love you Sunshine you are my Neverland Star.

(Present time)

Michael gets dressed and is ready to begin the new set of photos. Walking into the set area and standing in place.

Photographer; Michael can you do your toe stand?

Michael Sure! Getting into his toe stand. Holding position as the photographer snaps the photos.

Photographer: Perfect Michael. I wish I knew how you did that. My toes would be dying. Smiling at Michael.

Michael: couldn’t help but giggle. Practice trust me!

Photographer. Ok now, stand with your head turned to the side a bit and look as if you are contemplating something. You know deep in thought.

Michael: Nods. Okay. You got it.

Photographer. Michael the camera is just loving this. You are very photogenic! I have been doing this for years but, you are the first one in all truth that is perfect for the camera.  I won’t need to touch up anything on these photos I am certain.

Michael; Blushing. Thank you. Smiles.

The shoot lasted another 2 hours. Michael changed his outfit twice more and then he was done. Changing back into his clothes he thought of the date come up with Sunshine. He wanted it to be perfect. Dinner and dancing and who knows. Just the thought of being with her again warmed his heart. He softly touches his lips remembering their first and last sweet kiss there on Stevenson Street in downtown Gary.

Arriving at Tony’s  late Michael walks up the stairs and knocks. He can hear footsteps approaching. When the door opens he walks inside and is greeted by one of Tony’s security guards. Tony Michael believes is into import/export of fine gems and precious stones and has enemies all over because of it. Michael knows there is another business he is into which requires security but he never really asked him about it They just were friends and trusted each other.

Tony; Michael!! My friend! He says coming out of his office. How did the shoot go?

Michael; Oh you know, same old same old! He giggles

Tony: That well huh?? Laughing too. Okay look the tapestries and rugs are in here. They walk to a door which when opened exposed a large room full of beautiful paintings and art pieces Tony had collected. Michael was in awe everything he saw them. He truly loved the ornate and exquisiteness of the art.

Michael; I can never get enough of this room Tony. I am always in awe of it’s magnificence and beauty.

Tony; Thank you Michael. You do have an eye for art don’t you? Okay. Here we go.

Tony’s men were waiting for them. Michael and Tony each grabbed an end and his men the  middle. Between the five of them they were able to move it to a waiting moving van and load up. They went back for three more that were about the same sixe and equally as heavy.

Tony; Thank you Michael I think we got it from here. Smiling

Michael; I could follow you over and help you unload if you wish.

Tony; Well, Umm. Pretending not to want monopolize his time, I couldn’t do that. We should be okay. Thank you so much for helping this much.

Michael; No problem, anytime, he smiles  It really is not a problem. What take us all of 30 minutes?

Tony: Well, rubbing his neck, if you are sure. It would go so much quicker, you are right.

Michael: Sure, I’ll follow you over heading to his limousine.

At the warehouse Michael saw that it was more than just a storage facility. Tony had many precious items and pieces here too. This made him a bit curious as to where this is all going or coming from but he held his tongue and didn’t say a word, They got the tapestries unloaded and Tony thanked Michael for his help. They made it look as if they were going to close up and leave too but in reality, they were waiting for Michael to leave. Then Tony and his men were going to cut up the bodies and dump them in the ocean just behind he warehouse.. Instant shark bait.

Michael arrived home and thought of his date with Sunshine. He really had something to look forward to. Going upstairs he got ready for bed. Rubbing on his tattoo thinking of the day they got them.

Across town, Sunshine was laying awake in bed thinking of her up coming date with Michael. He still made her heart flutter. She remembers their first and last kiss all the smells and sights and sounds of that moment. Ten minutes later he was driving away from Gary Indiana and her forever she thought. Sunshine fell asleep rubbing on her tattoo.