1.

I got out of my car, my legs dreading the night already. Another house party this week.
Usually I wouldn't but I felt this need to, I knew that if I didn't go I would regret it seeing as I'm never in town anymore and I somehow still managed to get invited to a party with people I wasn't somehow involved with. At the age of 19 parties usually meant many unwanted catch ups and tension filled rooms.
Tonight would be different because my cousin Sacha was throwing the party and I, for one, knew no one there except her, and two, was planning on getting properly trashed.

By the time I had made my way up the dimly lit front yard I had already spotted small groups forming on the balcony. I made a mental note to go there at some point to enjoy the view.

I rang the doorbell, assuming it would be the only way of seeing Sacha tonight, she had a habit of disappearing during nights out and I wanted to meet some of her friends before that happened.
I then heard shuffling on the other side of the door and the the door swung open, revealing a tipsy looking Sacha dressed in a beautiful black beaded dress.

"Holy shit Thea you came!"

She exclaimed joyfully wrapping me into a constricting embrace.

"Sacha I texted you twice before leaving am I really that unreliable to you." I teased. " God I missed you".

I could feel her smiling into our hug and I couldn't help but mimic her.

" You can put your jacket down right here but don't blame me if it gets stolen, there's a fuck load of people here".

I looked down at my beloved grey leather jacket in hesitation,

"I'll just keep it on."

"Okay come with me then, everyone is having a smoke outside. If you want a drink you know where the kitchen is."

"Everyone?" I looked around mockingly," I feel like that statement is untrue."
I chuckled motioning to the dozens of people scattered around her living room.

"Well..Everyone important."She whispered with a devilish smile. I smirked back mentally thanking her for having the exact same thought process as me. Me and Sacha always got along the best and she was a right laugh to go out with.

I walked behind her admiring her dark long legs and how well her dress complimented them. She was gorgeous, even as a child, and she knew it which tended to drive lads mad. I always felt short next to her but I guess you always want what you can't have.

Outside I caught up with her abit before indulging into a loud conversation about how casual smoking is totally acceptable with one of her friends.
It felt good to talk to new people, I felt as though I could reinvent myself. I was comfortable, but staring down at a people's plastic cups, I felt the immense need to have a nice complementary beer with my cig.

"Sach I'm gonna go grab a drink I'll be back in a sec." I whispered in her ear.
She nodded in response.

I looked around the kitchen for anything seemingly alcoholic, it seemed as though the only choices were rum or a half drunken apple cider can. I opted for the rum, pouring it into an empty glass before filling the rest up with coke. Not my favorite drink but it was going to have to do. I downed it quickly and started making myself a second drink when I was rudely interrupted.