My Tangled Life

Song: Wake Me Up by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (AMV) --->

Picture: Unknown Quote --->

*********

My Name Is Emily

*********

Fear.

That's all that I could sense in the air around me. Every human that was in this auction was emitting some sort of wave of fear or terror. I knew that I sure was; no bloody duh there Sherlock.

Peeking out behind the walls was a small child that looked about 5 or 6, curiosity clearly showing on her face as she looked in my direction. By the looks of her pale skin and her golden eyes, she was a vampire.

Slowly walking out from behind the walls, she slowly makes her way towards me, where I am in my slave cell. Looking me up and down in a once over, she gasps at the cuts and bruises that are running alone my arms and legs.

Focussing on the bag beside my figure, she then had a puzzled expression on her face as most slaves weren't meant to have belongings. I'm lucky that I have somethings in a bag unlike other slaves did.

My last owner was bipolar, so one minute he was nice, then the next he was horrific and extremely cruel towards me. To make it worse, he was abusive. His name was Jason; the beatings that he gave me were painful and excruciating.

Jason was very rarely nice to me because he was always making me do things for him like jobs around the house or hooking me up to a 'Blood Taker' as he would always call it. He would stick a needle in my arm and the machine would take my blood.

I was always tossed and thrown around by his 'friends'. They would always give me a beating, it didn't matter whether it was mentally, emotionally or physically; it didn't really matter to them. They just didn't care at all, they don't like my kind very much by the looks of things.

"What's you name? What happened to you?" Hearing a small yet dominating voice break the eerie silence, I couldn't help but halt all the hectic thoughts running through my mind. Looking at the small vampiric creature in front of me, noticed that she had a small yellow summer dress on.

I opened my mouth to answer her question, however, I was to be cut short of my breath by yelling in the close background. As the running footsteps grew louder, I knew that whoever it was neared the cell that I was staying in.

"Lillyth! Get away from that human!" A strict tone of voice with small gentleness present. "Don't even think of trying to talk yourself of getting out of this place, slave!" A harsh tone of voice.

Feeling cold sweat go down the back of my neck, I looked into the deep brown of Ashley Purdy's eyes and then realise that the vampiric child was his daughter. "Don't be so harsh on the poor girl Ashley."

Hearing a new voice and various more footsteps. "She doesn't look like she has had a very good experience with people, anyway. Give her some slack."

Bowing my head in respect as I was a slave, and could only ask for the forgiveness of Ashley and his daughter, and for the compliment of the new voice.

"Jinxx, she was about to try and silver mouth her way out of this cell and possibly hurt my Lillyth. Do you honestly expect me to believe that she was just trying to befriend my daughter?"

Hearing Ashley say that hurt me as he was somebody that I looked up to but I pushed the slight pain aside for now and gathered up my courage. He was only protecting his precious daughter.

"Emily. My name is Emily."