Chapter 8

AUTHORS NOTE!! PLEASE READ!!

Today, the 12th of October, is my birthday, so as a reward and a present to you guys who have been so very patient for an update, I shall give you this chapter that you are about to read.

Hope you enjoy!!!!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Song: Epiphany from Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street --->

Picture: Enrica --->

*********

The Carnival

*********

Slipping on my shoes, I tap the toe part of the shoes on the floor to fit my feet in properly. It feels weird wearing shoes. "Hey Em, where are you?" My hearing zoning in on Ezekiel's voice, I quickly go to him.

"Right here."

Seeing that there was a beautiful girl standing next to Ezekiel, smiling at me, I blushed. Gesturing to the girl, he introduced her. "This Em, is Enrica, my sister." A soft smile made its way into my lips and I went to shake her hand but she had other ideas.

She pulled me into a hug.

"Hello Emily, I'm Enrica." Her voice was light and had a slightly delicate ring to it, "My stupid brother here had told me all about you."

As we pulled away, we smiled at each other. "It's nice to meet you Enrica. You're really pretty." Blushing at my compliment, Enrica then laces our fingers together on a friendly way.

"Thank you Emily." Moving closer to my head, Enrica then whispers in my ear, "But not as pretty as you humans are."

Blushing at the compliment, I look at Ezekiel who now seems to be smirking at my obvious blush. "Now what did you say to my Em, Enrica?" My eyes widening at his emphasis on 'my' and as my blush darkening, I bite my lip and look at the shoes I'm wearing.

I was wearing Enrica's clothes because I didn't have much clothed, just a rag of a dress and an old sweater. As a sense of security wrapped around me when I remembered the old sweater, I smiled softly.

"Nothing Ezekiel."

Her sarcastic yet mischievous tone of voice made me giggle at their silliness. "Is that what it's like to have siblings?" Both of them looking at me, I blinked a few times, blushed and looked down again.

As cold fingers snaked under my chin, they lifted my head up and I looked into Ezekiel's eyes. "Yeah, it is. You're also Enrica's sister now little human." My eyes widening, I pulled Ezekiel into a tight hug. Enrica's chuckle came from beside us and soon she joined the hug.

A family hug.

*********

Looking out the window at the black sky full of stars, I played with the bracelet that was firmly attached around my wrist. A carnival, I thought a excitement raced through my veins. I've never been to a carnival before.

"Have you ever been to a carnival before Em?"

Looking at Ezekiel, I shook my head. "No, my last owner had said that carnivals were something that only privileged and higher up people went to." Recalling what Jason told me, I continued. "He had said that I would never get to go to one due to me being a human and a slave."

Hearing Enrica scoff, "Well he was a big fat lier. Everyone is allowed to go to carnivals, it's a social event that people enjoy." My face holding curiosity and surprise, I looked at my lap.

Jason lied to me.

It made me wonder what else he lied about. "I hope that I shall enjoy living with you all." As a warm feeling filled my chest, the car came to a stop and we all got out of the car. Ezekiel held my hand instantly, and I smiled up at him.

"Let's go Em, Enrica."

Walking through the crowds, Enrica told us that she was going to get us some wrist bands so we could ride as many rides as we wanted. "How do you like the carnival so far Em?" Leaning on Ezekiel's arm, I smiled softly.

"It's really fun."

Kissing my hair, I heard a girl call out Ezekiel's name. Turning around to see a girl with short bright red hair running towards us. "Oh," a kind of bored tone of voice came from Ezekiel, "Hi Lucy." Stoping in front of us, she beamed up at Ezekiel and completely ignored me.

"Hey Ezekiel. I'm surprised to see you here."

Giving his a look that I couldn't understand, Lucy went to grab his hand but he pulled me in front of him. "Yeah, I just wanted to give my Emily a carnival night." Lucy's eyes locking on my figure and showing obvious jealousy, she looked me up and down.

"I didn't know you had a slave. I though you were against having a pet human." Her tone of voice made me flinch and I pressed against Ezekiel's chest, almost wishing that I could disappear into him. "Humans are so clingy. They don't know when they aren't wanted."

Feeling Ezekiel's grip tighten slightly in a comforting way, I relaxed and calmed myself despite the look I was receiving from Lucy. Getting the feeling that Lucy's directing her emotions and jealousy at me, I raise an eyebrow in question and slight annoyance.

"I apologise but I'm afraid that Ezekiel doesn't was you hanging around him at the moment. Could you please leave now." My voice soft yet firm towards her, I expressed my emotions and thoughts clearly.

"Excuse me?" Lucy's voice sounding snobby,  prideful and rude, "I do not need a stupid slave telling me what I can and can't do."

As Ezekiel rested his chin on my head, I could almost feel him glaring at Lucy. "Do not offend or hurt my Emily." Growling at her, he tightened his grip on me. "I will dispose of anyone who insults my Beloved."

Lucy's eyes widening at the insult and the mention of me being Ezekiel's Beloved, she took a step back. "Beloved? You've got a human Beloved?" Ezekiel snarled at her and Lucy squealed, running off.

"Stupid dog."

"I'm back!"

Enrica stood there smirking, as Ezekiel full on spun me around to face me and kissed me. "Mine." His possessive growl rumbled in his chest and he smiled cutely yet possessively at me. "My Emily. Mine."

Pecking his cheek, I mumble random words as my cheeks flush red. "C'mon you two newbie lovers! We've got rides to ride, toys to collect and yummy food to taste!"

Grabbing both my and Ezekiel's hand, Enrica's pulled us toward a big roller coaster, laughing. My life is changing, and I'm happy with how it's turning out. I'm going to have a home and a place to belong, finally.

"My dear darling, you still have so many years ahead of you."

Letting go of both Enrica and Ezekiel's hands, I stop and spin around to look at a lady with long blonde hair, dressed in a pure white dress. "My dear," her voice like soft bells, I watched as she reached out and lightly touched my cheek. "You are just like a butterfly. So beautiful and so frail."

Retracting her hand from my cheek, I looked at the bracelet on her wrist and my eyes widened. The exact same as mine, just gold. "Mama..." Smiling at me, her vibrant blue eyes shined and she faded away.

"We shall meet again, my dear Emilisa."