I'm so Sorry

This chapter is dedicated to BloodyBones.. as she just gave me the highest praise ever..! Thankyou dear!!!

I leapt backwards, away from the person in front of me, i let out a small cry as fear enveloped me. I'm going to die now.

"Shh" He said, "they'll hear you." What? I tried to process what he'd said

"i know that voice." I heard Ruby mutter from within the roots. I watched as she slowly emerged. I turned my eyes back to the stranger. i watched as his eyes zeroed in on her face.

"Ruby!" i could here the relief in his voice. Who was he? How did he know Ruby? He dropped to his knees and held his arms wide open, Ruby crossed the stream and grabbed him in a tight hug. after a moment she turned her head towards me.

"This is my brother Rhys." she said. tears running down her face. she smiled and i saw happiness shining from her eyes. He stood up and walked towards me, he suddenly stopped,

"It's ok, I wont hurt you." he whispered. whys he saying that? it was then that i realised i had taken a step backwards, away from him. I slowly moved back to the spot i had originally been in, i fought the urge to move backwards as he came towards me again, he stopped right in front of me and before i could react he pulled me into a hug, i stood tense in his arms, ready to pull away, but the warmth of his hug was too much, i felt my self relax. It had been so long since someone had hugged me. after a few seconds he pulled away. I felt a chill return to my body, I shivered.

"Thank you for helping my sisters." he said "Saffron talks about you all the time." before i could fully process what he'd said, Ruby came wading over.

"Where's Saffron?" she demanded. i watched as a smile appeared on Rhys' face.

"She's at home, I was coming to get you and take you home." he told her. I watched her face, a single tear ran down her cheek.

"I'm going home." she whispered.

I ducked back under the roots, and retrieved the rucksack. "we need to go, Now" I told them, I watched as Rhys' face turned from happy to serious. He started towards the bank, pulling Ruby with him. I waded over to the edge and pulled myself up. Once we were all out Rhys led the way into the trees. We didn't make it far before howls ripped up behind us.

"Run!" Rhys hissed. we ran as fast as we could. I knew i was slowing the others down, i was too injured. It wasn't that long ago that i had been kicked over and over. Rhys slowed beside me.

"You ok?" he asked, i could hear the concern in his voice. I just nodded in response. We ran a little further before i skidded to a stop.

"I can't -" I gasped, trying to catch my breath. I could see Ruby holding her sides, like me having to get her breath back.

"it's not much further, Look" he said pointing to a clearing in the trees, there was a house. He turned towards it, he started walking, tugging me along behind him. I could hear the growls and footsteps of those after us. they were getting closer.

We were so close to freedom.

I heard a cry from behind me, i turned back and saw Ruby sprawled out on the ground, her leg caught under a tree root. She was trapped. i ran back to her with Rhys behind me, before i could reach her a tan wolf jumped out from the bushes and landed on her back. i heard the bones snap under his weight. The sound will haunt me for life. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" i screamed. i threw myself forwards but something grabbed me from behind. I looked at Rubys face, It was already too late. her eyes held the same glassy look that Drakes had.

"go, House, Get help." Rhys gasped at me, before i could respond he had launched himself at the tan wolf, i stared as he shifted in mid air, His wolf was gorgeous, a  jet black wolf.

I turned and headed towards the house. I could hear the thuds, snaps, and growls of the fight. God I hope Rhys can beat him. I made it to the edge of the tree's before three massive jet black wolves appeared in front of me, i skidded to a stop and looked at them, "Rhys, Back there, Ruby dead." i gasped pointing behind me.

As the wolves lunged I closed my eyes,  my heart stopped, my breath stuck in the back of my throat. None of them hit me though, i opened my eyes to see that had headed into the trees. I sagged to the ground in relief. I heard someone yell. i looked up and saw 2 men standing by the gate. When they saw me they rushed over. Each picking up one of my arms and carrying me into the house.

"Kassie!" i heard someone yell, all of a sudden i was being suffocated. I gagged and tried to pull away. I caught the eye of one of the women surrounding us.

"Saffron your killing her." she scolded the girl. I was released just as quickly as i'd been captured. I sucked in a lung-full of air. I could breath again.

"Uh, Sorry." Saffron muttered. I smiled at her, forgetting every bad moment, i was just so glad to see her. It took a moment for me to remember I felt my smile fade and the tears start to fall. Saffron rushed over and put her arms around me, i cried so hard. i could feel the sobs making my body rock. I felt lost in the grief, Like it was consuming me. I cried until the tears ran dry.

"Kassie?" Saffron asked as the sobs quietened. "Whats happened?"

before i could answer the door opened and 4 men came in, one carrying something and two others supporting a third. It was Rhys and his family, the wolves i had met outside. The two carrying Rhys carried him upstairs. the other man placed the thing he was carrying down on the ground. He dropped to his knees beside it. i looked at his face and saw the tears falling unchecked.

"Daddy?" i heard saffron whisper. The woman who had scolded her earlier, grabbed her arm, and pulled her, along with 3 other children out of the room. I looked back at the man on the ground. trying so hard not to look at the thing next to him. It was Ruby.

"I'm so sorry." i whispered.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So? whatcha think?! :)

will try and upload either later today, or tomorrow..!

Hope you enjoyed.....

Vote/ Comment/ Fan =D