2: The being scared hand holding

June 28th, 2017.

2: The being scared hand holding -   When you're scared while either watching a movie or attending a horror   tour on Halloween, or another reason why you're scared, you hold the   hand of the person you trust next to you.

~~

"Joshua I still don't know why I agreed to coming here with you. On our first date", Tyler said as he anxiously looked around the woods. Josh let out a chuckle. "It's okay, it's not real. Just a horror tour", Josh told him.

"Did I mention how much I hate horror? It's terrifying", Tyler muttered. Josh chuckled again. "It's okay, I'm here with you", Josh said.

"Luckily-", Tyler started, but then let out a shriek, turned the other way and started running.

"Tyler!" Josh yelled, but Tyler didn't stop as he kept running, and Josh ran after him. He caught up with Tyler and wrapped his arms around him to bring him to a stop, 'cause he didn't look like he was planning on stopping any time soon.

"Ty! Hey Tyler, calm down, it's okay", Josh told him. "I h-hate clowns", Tyler sobbed, tears rolling down his face. "I d-don't want to c-continue Josh", he cried and Josh brought Tyler close to his chest as he let the boy sob against his shirt.

"We can't go back sweetie, we'll get lost in the woods if we do so and that's really not what we can use right. Let's go back to the group and we'll be back before you know it, yeah? I'm here, I'll protect you", Josh promised him.

"Why did that clown have to jump out of the bushes", Tyler whimpered. Josh rubbed Tyler's back soothingly. "Clowns are scary, I know", Josh softly said. "But I'm gonna protect you and we'll get through this okay?" Josh asked. Tyler softly nodded then. "Okay", he whispered.

"C'mon", Josh said as he let go of Tyler and then held his hand open in front of Tyler. Tyler looked at it and then up at Josh, who gave him a warm smile. Tyler grabbed Josh's hand and they walked back to the group.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were scared before?" Josh asked. Tyler softly sighed. "...I maybe, kinda... wanted to impress you", he muttered.

Josh let out a soft laugh. "Ahw sweetie, you don't have to do anything like this to impress me", Josh said as they reached the group again and he wiped some tears off of Tyler's cheeks.

"I wouldn't've asked you to go on a date with me if I didn't like you already", Josh smiled, making Tyler blush.

"Really?" he asked. Josh nodded. "Really", he smiled. Tyler giggled, but then he heard the sound of a chainsaw and screams from people and he wanted to run again, but Josh held Tyler's hands firmly in his and pulled him close to his chest.

"No no no no running off again baby", Josh said. "B-but-", Tyler stuttered with new tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I know you're scared, sweetie", Josh whispered as he hugged him. "But we can't lose the group", he said. "I promised to protect you so I will", he said. Tyler bit his lip and then nodded against Josh's chest. "Okay", he whispered.

Josh looked around and saw that it was safe for Tyler to look again, so he pulled back and wrapped his right arm around Tyler's neck.

Tyler blushed and lifted his right hand up. He intertwined his fingers with Josh's right hand that was hanging over his shoulder. "Thank you, Joshie", Tyler said.

Josh squeezed his hand reassuringly. "Just want you to be comfy and enjoy the night", he said. Tyler smiled.

"I couldn't possibly not enjoy the night with you by my side", Tyler smiled.

~~

Okay I liked writing this a lot honestly? I hope you enjoy this! Yes, it's romantic Joshler again! Love you guys <3