Chapter 6

I walked to the front porch of my house, Harry following behind. I suddenly stopped. "They can't see you," I panicked, looking at the now life sized Harry in front of me. He smiled softly and shook his head. "I can be little again, don't worry Val," he smiled. I let out a sigh of relief after he told me this and I looked around.

"I don't see anyone," I said softly. He told me to cover my eyes. I placed my hands over them and waited for him to change. Right before he so, he engulfed me in a warm hug.

"Just wanted to hug you one more time before being little," he smiled. I laughed gently, my hands still covering my eyes. Next thing I knew I felt a tug on my pants leg and looked down to see tiny Harry.

"Why hello there," I giggled, bending over to pick him up. He smiled and held onto my thumb. "Lets go to bed, I'm so tired," he yawned, laying down in my hand. I nodded along, and opened up the door to the house, my eyes widening as I looked at the sight before me.

"Where's your sister!?" My mother shouted, grabbing Joseph by the shirt. "I don't know!" He cried. She then slapped him right across the face and I covered my mouth.

"Stop! Don't you dare touch him," I yelled at her. She looked at me. "Where the hell have you been?" She growled, crossing her arms. Joseph tried to run towards me but she grabbed his arm. I bit my lip and looked at her.

"W-with a friend," I said, walking towards them slowly to try and get Joseph from her grasp. "Liar!" She yelled, yanking Joseph's shirt, pulling him roughly to her. "You don't have friends! Now where were you!" She snapped. I watched Joseph as he had tears running down his face. I covered my mouth and tried to hold in a cry.

"I was at the park, a-alone," I sniffed, trying to keep it together. My mother shook her head. "This little shît just asked me for dinner! Who does he think I am? That's your job, do it!" She growled at me, Tossing him towards me on the floor. I quickly pulled him into my arms and picked him up, watching as she stormed off.

Joseph held onto me tight, crying into my shoulder. I comforted him, rubbing his back. "I-I've got you.. don't worry, sissy's here," I cooed, tears of my own running down my cheeks.

I knew what I had to do. "I'm going to make you some food, alright? Eat it in your room, I'll be there in a minute, okay?" I instructed gently. He nodded gently and I quickly got to work.

~~

Joseph went up to his room, a plate of food and some water in his hand. I hurried up to my room and shut the door behind me. I dropped my jacket on the bed and wandered over to my closet.

"What's your plan?" I heard Harry's small voice ask. I looked at him, glancing down then at him. "We're leaving. We can't stay here anymore, it's not safe, it never was," I explained, grabbing my suitcase from my closet. I started packing it with clothes, folding wisely as to fit as many as I could inside of it.

I turned away from him to focus on packing my things, having a bit of trouble because I was anxious and stressed. I saw a bright light against the wall and I quickly turned around to see Harry, walking over to me, once again standing over me. I dropped the shirt I was holding and wrapped my arms around him.

I started to ball into his shirt. "I-I can't do this, where would we go? We're going to be out on the streets, Harry," I cried gently. He shook his head. "No you won't." He said, grabbing my hands and kissing them. "Yes we will-"

"Go to Louis, he'll take you in." Harry said. I shook my head. "Did you not see what happened at the park? He doesn't like me Harry!" I said, shaking my head. "Why would he take me in?" I sniffed. He placed a hand on my shoulder and tried to calm my nerves.