Chapter 5

Valerie's POV

Harry and I made it to the park and then walked to a swing set. I took a seat in the swing, planting my feet on the ground and gently rocking myself back and forth.

"It's nice here, I like it," Harry said in my ear. "Yeah, I always go here when everything is just a little too much," I told him.

He nodded then untangled himself from my hair. "Getting away is good, sometimes," he said, sitting himself down on my shoulder.

I smiled softly, watching the kids play. "I should have brought Joseph," I sighed. "He likes making new friends," I placed my hands on my thighs and rubbed them softly.

Harry then looked around the park, eyes landing on a group of boys. "Lookie! Over there!" he said in awe. I chuckled then looked over to the group of boys he was pointing at. "Oh my God," I sighed. I stood up and began to walk away quickly.

"What? Where are you going? You should go say hi to them," Harry encouraged, standing to his feet and then tugging my hair.

"You don't know who that is?" I asked, frowning. Harry looked over the boy who was now turned more towards us.

"Louis," he smiled brightly. "He was Ms. Gretchen's grandson! He came by all the time!" Harry said, jumping up and down on my shoulder before pouting as he remembered Ms. Gretchen.

I offered him my hand to jump into and he did, smiling slightly. I pet his head with the tip of my finger. He was slowly cheering up.

"So, Louis went there all the time?" I asked. "Yes, he loved her. He was in the hospital with her on her final days. It was very emotional," he said, nodding as he turned his head to look at the group of boys.

"That doesn't seem like him. He's a jerk to me. He's a bully, really" I pursed my lips. Harry looked up in surprise at me. "What? I thought he was the sweetest guy," he pouted. He frowned over at Louis and then slouched in my hand.

I chuckled softly and kissed the top of his head. He smiled up at me. "You should still go talk to him. You know, and make things right," he said.

I frowned at the idea, because I knew he was right. I just didn't think I'd be able to handle it. "You'll be happy that you talked to him if you make things better," Harry assured.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, sliding Harry into my pocket. "Fine," I sighed, looking down as I walked in the direction of the boys. My heart sped up in fear.

"My my, Valerie. What are you doing here?" Louis asked, looking me up and down as he crossed his arms.

"I-I'm just here with.. My little brother" I nodded. He raised an eyebrow. "I don't like liars," he growled. I flinched at his harsh tone.

"Sorry," I mumbled. He brought his hand up to run through his hair. I flinched and closed my eyes as he did this. Once I realized he wasn't going to hit me, I slowly opened my eyes to look at him. He looked a bit confused at me.

I felt a small kick in my chest, a reminder from Harry what I was supposed to be doing. "C-can we talk?" I asked. He looked at me and frowned. "What for?" He narrowed his eyes.

"I-I just really need to talk to you," I stuttered out. He sighed and told his buddies he'd be right back then walked over to a bench with me.

"What?" He asked, crossing his arms as he stared at me with his piercing eyes. "I.. um," I started but was at a loss of words. I didn't even know what I was going to say to him. "I um, what?" He asked. I could easily tell he was getting annoyed with me.

I felt Harry scramble up my shoulder, under my hair. He put a hand on the side of my face and started to whisper. "Sympathize with him" he advises.

I swear he's real (Harry Styles)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara