Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

"Wakey, wakey! Your cousin made eggs and bakey!" A light, slightly familiar voice rang in my ears. I opened my eyes to see the back of a girl with dark wavy brown hair that fell down to her mid-back, with a petite, tan frame. It was Kellan Wilson. She was across the room, her hands quickly going through everything in my walk-in closet, which was practically bare.

"Ug," She screamed loudly, throwing a pair of dark skinny jeans at me as she muttered under her breath. Once she angrily opened my door, she yelled to Alice, "Ali! How the hell could you let her closet be so bare?!"

As she ran out of the room and down the hall, I sat up and stretched out last night's terrible sleep. All night I could only think about Casey, because that is all the mate link would let me think about. I felt the painful tug to go to him, but I couldn't. I wouldn't until I knew him better. And when that sensation finally gave up, I'm assuming Casey must have fell asleep and my wolf wasn't worrying about him as much, there was nothing to distract me from the pain of Casey's bite marks.

When I finally got up, I walked over to my counter and turned on my straightener. I always did my hair first. Straightening it and then curling the ends until I was happy with it, I put on some mascara and lip gloss and then went to my clothes. Kellan, who I had barely even know for twenty four hours, must've been good friends with Alice, or she wouldn't have stepped foot into our house. Not to mention she had picked out my underwear and a leather jacket to go with my boots.

Slipping the clothes on, I didn't even want to look at myself in the mirror. I didn't want to be tempted to take it off and switch it for leggings and a comfy shirt. Especially with the pain from the teeth marks Casey had given me last night. Walking down the stairs, I looked outside as I came to the last stair, looking through the door that stood wide open.

Shutting the door, I turned to walk through the living room, where Kellan sat awkwardly. I didn'y pay her any attention, heading into the kitchen. "Hey, Alice, why was the door..." I trailed off, blushing when Alice looked over at me with wide eyes.

I didn't know how I didn't smell it before. I was dumb not to. I bowed slightly, seeing Alpha Damien in the middle of a conversation with Alice. I felt embarrassed having interrupted our Alpha like that. He just smiled at me, and I looked at Alice, who seemed to have fed him some eggs and bacon.

"Good morning, Beth." I bowed and nodded my recognition, not wanting to interrupt again. He turned back to Alice, giving her a serious look. Alice looked back at him with a calm exterior, even though I knew she was anxious on the inside. I should've left and sat in the living room with Kellan, but I didn't want to move, as the tension in the room couldn't be cut with a knife.

"It was nice talking to you, Miss Alice," Alpha Damien said to Alice, standing up from the table and taking his dishes. Alice polietly took them from him, and shoved them in the dish washer. "Please, think about what I said."

"Of course, Alpha," Alice bowed, and watched him leave the kitchen.

As he passed me where I was leaning against the doorframe, my embarrassment had passed, and he smiled at me. "I'll be seeing you soon?"

I nodded at him, smiling. "See ya, Alpha Damien," I told him in a calm voice. Alpha Damien was my mate's father, so I wanted to make a good impression. I wanted to feel calm around him. Not like Alice or Kellan, who were scared crapless from their leader. I knew he was practically Royalty, and there were still rules to follow, but if I chose to officially be mated with Casey, so was I. And unless he was doing Alpha business, he was seemed alright.

When he left the house, Alice breathed out a sigh of relief, and I sat at the table as she set down all the stuff she made for breakfast. Picking up a piece of bacon, I looked at her as she rushed around to distract herself with one thing or another. "What did he tell you?"