Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

I should've realized that the forest wasn't empty when my ears picked up the sound of heavy laboured breathing from another wolf, coming from the right and headed straight for me. It was a pretty big wolf too, by the sounds of paws hitting the ground with loud thuds, making me suddenly afraid it was someone seeking out the newbie.

I stopped immediately, and heard the other wolf slow down as well,. I could smell the musky, cinnamon smell of this wolf, and it made my nose go wild. But the smell wasn't completely good, as I recognized it almost immediately.

Ravenswood.

Almost running away, I turned to leave, but was stopped when I heard a loud growl sound from behind me. I gulped, my tail immediately lowering between my legs and my head bowing as I turned to face the black Ravenswood wolf. It was huge, bigger than me by almost twice my size, and it was muscular and strong. Its teeth were barred, and I could smell myself as my scent- the vanilla and wood mixture- practically cried through my pours as I stood, still and frightened, sweating bullets. The Alpha factor that radiated from this young wolf made me shiver and whimper, because it was so intoxicating to smell him and only him, to be alone with this young alpha bloodline wolf. Against my will, I started feeling slightly excited at the thought of his power, his bloodline. Alpha power had that effect on unmated women.

The black wolf approached me slowly, his nose digging into the side of my neck to get the scent off of me, circling my brown wolf slowly. His electric blue eyes, the same color of my tattoo, searched me carefully. That made my heart beat even faster; surprised I didn't have a heart attack yet, I watched him as he sat in front of me.

He nodded to me and laid on all fours, closing his beautiful eyes as he slowly started to shimmer. I knew that he wanted me to change back too, as formalities had to be made before he considered me friend or foe. I didn't release the sigh of relief I felt building up in my chest, and laid on the ground to relax.

I felt my body tingle everywhere before a slight pain soared through my body. I held back a whimper as I felt my paws go numb and be replaced with fingers, my legs and arms next, then the two paths met at my stomach and my skin itched as it replaced the fur I had only minutes before. My hair grew longer and it flowed over my bare shoulders, and finally I felt the material of the white bra and underwear that all females adorned to cover from others.

My hands were rested on my thighs andI sat on my knees. When I opened my eyes, my breath caught in my throat as I looked up at the Ravenswood boy who stood in front of me, watching me. His hair was long and blonde, with a strong jaw and a toned, smooth chest. His hip bones were visible as they disappeared into the boxer shorts that he, as an alpha's son, had power to conjure up instead of the tight underwear most males had. Though I wouldn't complain if he wore those either. He was tall, well over 6 foot, and he crossed his massive arms across his chest, his eyes landing on my tattoo before he looked in confusion at me.

My eyes went to his tattoo that was outlined in a soft, light green. One that made my heart drop, as my eyes were as dark as green could get, but green and shining none-the-less, like moss on a tree but more metallic.

"Who are you?" He asked, and I lowered my head in respect as I blushed. I was a little shocked he didn't get mad at me for looking at his tattoo so openly. I kept my eyes downcast.

"Beth O'Conner, sir." My voice shook slightly as I felt his face pop up in my head once more, his smell filling my nose so full and his eyes trained only on me...

"Little Beth O'Conner. It can't be, can it?" I heard the smile in his voice as I looked up, but I just let him smile at me instead of asking him who the heck he was. I immediately knew it wasn't Casey. Casey's voice never sounded so sincere and soft, but commanding and selfish as he demanded everything. I knew he wasn't going to tell me who he was, as it would be very embarrassing on both our parts, so I racked my brain for any memory as he walked to me and reached his hand out. I took it with a blush spreading down my face, and he pulled me to my feet, looking over my body with approving eyes. I blushed deeper.