Confession #7

Confession #7

I'm leaving them...for him

I kissed him till I couldn’t breathe anymore, till my need for his kiss subsided. My hands clutched his scattered curls, his hands caressed my back. I swore to myself at this moment that this was the best day of my life.

The way our mouth’s fit together, we could have been compared to matching puzzle pieces. His lips were soft and although he took the lead, he was gentle with his kisses.  Holden’s kiss was assertive, Hanna’s was wild, but Alex’s was one that I’ll never forget…passionate.

As we parted for air, we looked at one another; waiting to see who would speak first…nothing happened. He wiped a stray tear from my cheek then walked out of the bathroom, leaving me sitting on the counter.

What just happened?” I said to myself. He comforted me, took our friendship a step further then runs from it?! He is playing mind games with me and I can’t take it.

I looked in the mirror. My hair was still intact but my eyes were red and my lips were swollen. I dabbed a paper towel that was damp against my eyes, in hopes that the redness would subside. I didn’t mind the swollen lips though, now it actually looked like I had full, pouty lips.

I exited the bathroom, Alex nowhere in sight. Guess he decided to return to the movie. I walked out of the theater and walked over to Alex’s car. I sat on the hood and just enjoyed the breeze as I thought about what I should do next.

Twenty minutes later, Elena, Alex, and Hanna walked out to the parking lot.

“Where have you been?” Elena asked, completely oblivious to everything.

“Oh I had to use the bathroom, and then I got caught up with a friend.” I was talking to her but looking at Alex. He didn’t even look my way.

He dropped me off first. As soon as the car came to a stop, I bolted from the car and slammed the door. I walked straight to my house without looking back.

I was done with them both.

I set my house keys down on the kitchen table and made some dinner for myself. Dinner for one.

I wrapped the spaghetti noodles around my fork and took a bite. The flavor just didn’t do it for me; I chucked the whole plate into the trash and went in my room to sleep the rest of the day away.

I was tired of being a nice girl who never wins…no more of that. No more getting played with like a toy then thrown away till the next time someone wants a turn. Never in a million years would I have thought that both, Hanna and Alex would let me down in the way that they have.

And never in a million years would I have thought that I would cut them from my life…

-----------------------------Monday----------------------------

I was turning over a new leaf, one that didn’t include Alex or Hanna. I woke up on time without Hanna’s reminders. I picked up my phone and saw messages from both of them, I deleted them. I got dressed and walked to school early so Hanna wouldn’t have a chance to catch me at my house. I only had to worry about seeing her at lunch. I couldn’t avoid Alex; he was in all my classes.

I had a thirty minute walk ahead of me so I began to use this time to think of ways to bypass them. A car horn beeped next to me making me jump.

“Can I give you a ride?” Holden called out from his lowered window.

I smiled at him and walked over to his car. “I don’t know, I’m not supposed to get in cars with strangers.” I joked.

“Just get in, Katya.” He laughed.

“Thanks for stopping.”

He merged back into the morning traffic. “It’s no problem, where is your friend? Don’t you usually ride with her?”

“We aren’t friends anymore, I’m not friends with Alex anymore either.” I admitted.

I couldn’t help but notice that his face brightened when I said that last part. “Oh that’s too bad.” He commented.

We pulled up in the student parking lot. There were so many people outside and he parked right in the middle of the crowd.

“So I’ve been thinking…”He began. He stopped mid-sentence.

“Yeah?” I asked him.

“I’d like it if you’d be my girlfriend.”

As much as I had dreamed about this moment, it was bittersweet. I finally had my dream guy but no friends.

“Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend.” I smiled.

He leaned over and kissed me. Before it went any further, we could hear the football team egging us on with dirty comments. I pulled away, filled with embarrassment.

“Come on, let’s get inside.” He said.

We walked through the school entrance and could feel the stares on us. Holden reached for my hand and held it confidently. Finally, someone that wasn’t afraid to show their feelings for me in public.

xoAlright don't hate me!xo

xoComment/Vote Tell me what you'd like to see!xo