Meeting An Original Witch

Felix’s POV

We stop out the front of Lexi’s house and she smiled. "You should come and meet my mum." She smiled and I gulped. “Meeting an original is quiet scary Lex what if she hates me?” She reassured me, “She’ll love you trust me. Just DO NOT lie to her.” I smiled and nodded. “You know what, why not?” She hugged me. “Yay! She’s so weird though so don’t mind her.” We walked up to her house and Lexi pulled out a key and she opened the door. “MUUUUUMMMMMMMMM?” She called out. “In the kitchen sweetie.” Lexi leads the way and her mum turns and smiles at me. “You bought a friend home.” Lexi smiles and nods. “Um actually mum this is my boyfriend Felix.” I smile and offer my hand. She shakes it and smiles brightly. “A young witch I see, it’s great to meet you Felix my name is Charisa.” “It’s great to meet you Charisa.” “So mum is it cool if Felix stays the night?” Lexi looks hopeful. Then Charisa smiles. “Of course sweetheart. He’s very welcome here.” Lexi led me to a room that said her name on the door in black font. She opened the door and it was the best room ever.

She had two black electric guitars, she had posters of, Falling In Reverse, Suicide Silence and Pierce The Veil. This girl is amazing. She had her own little cupboard for her piercings. She had belly bars, tongue bars, ear studs, lip rings, nose rings, plugs and stretchers. Her room was just amazing. She had drawings of what looked like spells and some of her favourite artists. She took my bag and put it in the cupboard. “Felix you can have my spare bed tonight.” She went through her cupboard and pulled out some clothes. “Uh fuck it.” She tossed some pants onto the bed and searched her wardrobe. “You need help looking for something Lex?” “I can’t find an oversized tee. Could you give me a minute?” I smile and nod. “MUM!? Where are all my oversized t-shirts?” “In the wash.” “MUM!” “Sorry sweetheart.”

Lexi’s POV

“MUM!? Where are all my oversized t-shirts?” “In the wash.” “MUM!” “Sorry sweetheart.” I groan and walk back to my room and search one more time to find one. It was that time of the month and I needed an oversized tee because I couldn’t wear tight clothing when I’m on my periods. Felix takes his shirt off and smiles, “Lex have mine.” “I can’t Felix it gets really cold here and you don’t have a shirt if I take yours.” “It’s fine really I have a jumper in my bag.” I smile and hug him “Thanks Felix you’re a life saver.” I run to the bathroom and take his shirt and my shorts and close the door. I take off my irritatingly tight school clothes and throw them in the wash. I put my shorts on and slipped on Felix’s shirt. It was a perfect size.

Not too big but not too small, it just covered the bottom of my bum cheeks, and you could only just see my shorts. I walked out of the bathroom and my mum was talking to Felix. They were talking about me so I decided to eavesdrop. “So that’s when you know it’s that time of the month. She always HAS to wear oversized t-shirts.” “Thanks for filling me in Charisa.” I was so embarrassed. I was nearly crying from embarrassment why would she tell my boyfriend the signs of my monthly visitor? I didn’t realise I had set the couch was on fire from my emotions, and mum ran out. “Lexi what are you doing calm yourself sweetie.” “NO! What the fuck mum? You just told my boyfriend one of the most embarrassing things ever. Thanks for nothing!”

I ran into my bedroom and the fire disappeared quickly before I burnt the house down. I sat on my bed and shoved my face into a pillow. There was a knock on the door, “Lex can you let me in?” Felix asks. “Go away.” I mumbled into my pillow. “Lex please?” You didn’t reply and he sighed and slid down the door and I slowly got up and unlocked the door. “Hey.” He hugged me and shut the door. “It was my fault Lex and I’m sorry. I thought something was wrong so I asked your mum and she told me I’m sorry.” “No it’s fine Felix I’m just annoyed that she would tell you it just pisses me right off.” He pulled me onto the bed and he makes me lay down. “You don’t need to be embarrassed Lex it’s normal.” I nodded. 

“DINNER’S READY GUYS.” Me and Felix walked out of the bedroom and into the dining room. Mum had everything set out and it looked great to be honest but I was still annoyed with mum. Felix smiled as he sat down, “Thanks Charisa.” “Thanks mum.” I said still annoyed. Mum sighed still knowing I was annoyed with her. I ate a bit of my chicken then I just played with it. “Are you okay Lex?” Felix asked me. “Excuse me I need to use the bathroom.” I walked to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I dropped to the floor crying. Nothing was going right for me today, nothing. I have to do something to get it all off my mind…

Felix’s POV

Lexi’s been gone for about ten minutes. I got up, “I should go and see if she’s okay.” Charisa smiled sadly and nodded. I guess the originals aren’t as scary as they seem. I walk to the bathroom and knock, “Lex you okay in there?” There was no reply. I waved my hand over the bathroom lock and it unlocked and I saw Lexi sitting over the toilet purging. She saw me and she moved her hand and the door slammed shut. “Lex, Lex let me in. Please don’t do this to yourself you don’t deserve it, Lex let me help you.” I hear her flush the toilet and the door swung open. She was sitting in the corner of the bathroom with tear strains on her cheeks. I run up to her and pick her up and sit her on her bed. “I’m going to help you through this Lex I promise.” It hurt me so much to see her like this. Goth’s aren’t heartless, we just don’t care. But when I see my girlfriend harming herself I will always care. She is ALWAYS my first priority. She brushed her teeth to remove the smell of vomit from her mouth. I cupped her face in my hands.   

“Lex I care about you, so much and so does your mum she’s probably out there stressing out wondering if you’re okay. She tries to look after and protect you. All she wants is for you to be happy and healthy okay?” She nods “So if I help you will you let me get you help? I don’t know much about these mental illnesses but a professional councillor or a doctor is always only a phone call away.” “I want to get help Felix but no-one’s ever been with me all the way through it I can’t do it alone.” She mumbled. “That’s why I’m going to be here every step of the way Lex.” I picked up her phone and gave it to her, “The sooner you call the sooner you’ll be okay.” She took the phone and smiled a bit, “Thanks Felix for everything.” I smiled and she dialled the lifeline number and I smiled knowing she was a step closer to becoming happier and healthier.