Chapter 2

A.J's POV

"So why do people call you A.J.?" Alex asked.

"Well my middle name is Jade and my first name is Audrey. My best friend gave me the nickname in third grade.. Oh here is the class." I said.

"Cool, I can call you right?" He asked opening the door for me.

"Of course! And thanks."

"Welcome." He said and walked in after me. I went and sat next to Mak, Alex smiled as he walked past me and I smiled back.

"Who was that?" She asked as Alex walked behind us and sat next to Austin.

"Alex..." I said smiling.

"Oh lala." She said.

"Shut up." I whispered.

The bell rang.

"Alright class I'm going to pass out this math paper and I want you in a group of four." Mrs. Preston said walking around passing out the paper.

I grabbed Mak's arm, she grabbed Austin's, he grabbed Alex's and Alex grabbed mine. I guess we have our group.

I introduced Alex to Mak, Alex introduced Austin to me, Mak introduced me to Austin, and Austin introduced Mak to Alex.

I read the first problem.

~after class~

Mak and I were walking t our next class, Mr. Dean. Possibly the meanest teacher ever!

"This is going to be a fun class like always!" I said with sarcasm in my voice.

We walked into Mr. Dean's class. I went and got Mak and I's notebooks, then sat down.

"Today you will need one of those books." He said pointing at a shelf of history books.

"Your turn Mak." I said smirking.

"Fine.." She said with an annoyed look on her face, "And stop smirking smirky!"

She walked over and grabbed our books.

Everyone grabbed their books and sat down.

"Now that you have your book read fro-" He got cut off by someone walking through up the door. It was Austin and his other friend.

"Sorry we're late, no one gave us directions.." He said glancing over at Mak and I.

"Oops..." She murmured.

"Just go grab one of those books and sit down." Mr. Dean said annoyed.

"Ok back to what I was saying, read from page 28 to 31. You have 10 minutes." He said sitting down.

Mak's POV

Austin came over and sat by me.

"This is Robert." He whispered.

"Nice to meet you." A.J. whispered back.

"Me too." I said.

"Stop talking!!" Mr. Dean yelled.

"Fine.." A.J. mumbled.

"What?!" He said standing up.

"I said, and I quote; ok sorry." She lied so she didn't get in trouble.

He huffed and sat down.

A.J's POV

I looked up at the ceiling.

I hate History, and Mr. Dean is my least favorite teacher.

Just because he is 50 and his girlfriend is a slut and cheated on him, doesn't mean he has to take it out on us. That's what he gets for dating a 28 year old.

The only time the class is fun is when he isn't talking.

The only way this class would be better is if Alex were in it, he's really funny and really nice.

The problem is that Mr. Dean needs a book to teach us and can't even teach us himself.

I guess I better read before he yells at me for looking at the ceiling..

I looked at my book and started to read.

Why are we learning about these stupid mountain men anyway? We learned it last year and the year before.

"Class I'm passing back the paper we did yesterday." Mr. Dean said.

"I hope I get a good score so I can go to the movie with you next Saturday!" Mak said.

Mr. Dean gave her her paper. She looked at the score.

"Yes 92%!!" She exclaimed. She clapped her hands together and smacked my forehead.

Robert and Austin were laughing their butts off, Robceven fell out of his chair.

"What was that for?!?!" I asked holding my forehead.

"I got caught up in the moment..." She said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Am I bleeding?" I asked Rob.

He shook his head, still laughing.

"What did you guys learn about the mountain men?" Mr. Dean asked. Rob and Austin stopped laughing at we all paid attention.

Just then the "teachers pet" raised his hand.

I learned that Jedediah Smith's ear was almost completely ripped off by a bear." He said.

"Good job Jim." Mr. Dean said.

He continued asking questions, when will this class end!