Chapter 3

at 6:30 am. To excited to sleep. I got up in an instant. I went to the bathroom and decided what I was going to do that morning,
I washed my face,
Brushed my teeth,
And had to decide what to wear and what to do to my hair.
I went with a dark purple pull on sweater, black sweats, and my black roshe run shoes , my hair was pulled back into a secure ponytail.

I took my phone and held it into my hand as I went downstairs grabbing my duffel bag.
"Morning mom" I said kissing her on the cheek
"Good morning, I'm sorry I wasn't home for dinner last night, my schedule got busy"
"Oh that's okay."
"Eat some breakfast. You need the energy. And be careful out there while camping okay?"
"Of course, love you"
"Love you too" she said blowing me a flying kiss as she was out the front door ready to go to work.
My mom was pretty busy most of the time I didn't really mind. I liked being alone sometimes.

I ate some eggs with toast, milk, and an orange. I felt a lot better once I ate breakfast. Guess my mom was right.

I checked my iPhone and it was 8:00 am. I decided to leave now if I wanted to get to class on time,
I took my keys and locked the door,
The air was moist,
Wasn't hot, but wasn't cold.
It was just right.
My mind really drifted off as I walked to school.
I guess I walked too fast because I was distracted that I got to school at 8:20.
The halls weren't that crammed. I decided to go to the gym to throw in some volleyball practice. It was free gym anyways.

When I got to the gym not many were there. A few kids I've seen around school but never really talked to. They were just sitting on the bleachers on they're iPhones. Typical.
The volleyball nets were set up
I saw my volleyball coach.
"Hey coach, is it okay if I practice my hitting? Don't wanna be rusty next season"
"Of course. I'll set you up"
And he did.
I did my typical routine when I go to hit,

Right foot,
Left foot,
Swing arms back,
Swing arms forward,
Jump,
Contact the ball,
Snap the wrist.

I went to hit a few more times when I heard a few voices coming into the gym.

Hayes and his football friends.
Hayes was wearing a black sweatshirt that said "reckless", gray sweats, and black vans.
He flipped his shaggy brown hair revealing his blue green eyes.
wOw

"Althea." My coach said. Pulling me away from my admiring from afar gaze.
"Sorry, set me up one more time coach"
And he did.
I tried to remember my routine.

Right foot,
Left foot,
Swing arms back,
Swing arms forward,
Jump,
Contact the ball,
Snap the wrist.

Thanks god I actually remembered it.
The ball went far landing perfectly on the line.
In.
I landed on my feet and heard the guys howl.
"Nice job. I wanna see that again next season!" My coach said patting me on the back as he left the gym.
I went to grab the volleyball that was the PERFECT hit.
"Nice hit" Hayes said, giving me a smirk.
THANK YOU LORD
"Thanks" I said, smiling keeping myself from blushing.
"You can hit girl" one of the guy's said.
Wasn't quite sure who he was but I thanked him.
I cleaned up the rest of the other volleyballs that I hit on the other side of the net, the guys were still there watching me. As if they were watching my every step.
"That's you're girl Hayes" I heard one of them whisper
"Shut up man," Hayes said, nudging the guy in the shoulder.
"Not yet.." Hayes continued, "not just yet"

what did he mean by that? Did he mean I wasn't his girl YET? Was he going to MAKE me his girl?
All these questions circled my head making me a bit dizzy. I lost my balance at one point but was smart enough to not fall and embarrass myself in front of Hayes and the guys.

The bell went off and everyone rushed to class.
The guys exited, Hayes left last. I felt his stare hit me as I went over to the bleachers grabbing my duffel bag.

Could it be that Hayes Grier WANTED me to be HIS girl?
I walked to class, with a million questions running through my brain