Ethan

1:00 am

"E, I'm hungry. Let's go to like McDonald's or something." I told my best friend, Ethan, as we were sitting with very minimal space between us on the couch.

We have these weekly movie nights/sleepovers every friday to just have time to hang out together. Gray stays with us most of the time but tonight he was sleeping at Jack's appartment to catch up. We switch whose appartment we go to every time, tonight we're at Ethan's.

He may have good snacks, but we pretty much ate all of them. So a late night McDonald's trip seems pretty necessary.

"Yeah I'm hungry too, hmm." he says while rubbing his stomach. I laugh and smack his knee and get up from the couch. The movie just finished so we just turned the projector off and headed out the theater room.

Ethan grabs his keys from the counter and we headed out the door.

We got into his BMW and I immediately took the aux and put on our playlist just for car rides like this. The first song that came on was "i miss the old u" by Blackbear. He turned it up and we both started yelling the lyrics not caring about how late it was or the fact that the few people out here at this time were staring at us like we were crazy.

When I'm with Ethan, I feel like I could be my complete self. Ethan, Grayson, and I have been best friends since we were about 9. I've always had a crush on Ethan to be honest. I didn't realize how much I liked him until about a couple months ago.

His happiness was my source of happiness. He kept me grounded , and I did the same for him. I think about what it'd be like to date him. If it would change the way we interact or see each other. The thought of him just liking me back gives me butterflies.

Once we reach the McDonald's drive thru, we order.

"Hello, How may I take your order?" is heard from the speaker.

"Hi Could I get 2 McChickens, uhh- a Big Mac, 2 large fries, and 2 large sprites?" Ethan orders, knowing what we both want already.

"Okay your total will come out to $10.59 at the first window, have a good night!" the woman says.

"alright, thank you" he says and drives up to the window. I reach in my back pocket to give him my half of the order but as I was getting my money, he had already given the woman his debit card from his wallet.

I flick his arm, glare at him, and say "you didn't have to pay the whole thing".

"it's fine babe, i got you" he winks, sending my butterflies off in my stomach. I stiffle a laugh and look out the window for a moment to try to hide my blush. Oh this boy doesn't even know the effect he has on me.

He gets his card and receipt and drives up to the next window to get the food.

"your McChickens and Big Mac and your fries- aand your two sprites" the man at window hands Ethan the bag immediately handing it to me to check if it's all correct and puts the drinks in the cup holders.

We thank the man and Ethan drives out. He parks in the parking lot and takes his big mac and starts eating. He turns on the music again and we bob our heads to the sound of "Signs" by Drake as we eat.

Finished with my sandwiches, I reach for my drink not seeing Ethan reach for his as well. Our hands touch and I start to feel nervous. The air becoming intense. I could tell he felt it too. We lock eyes and stay that way for what felt like hours before I broke his gaze and took a couple sips of my drink. He does the same and after he stops, he looks ahead staring at a bush or something, noticeably in deep thought.

I turn my head to look out the window, only to be turned back around by his index finger and thumb under my chin forced to look into his hazel eyes, under the moonlight coming from the sunroof.

We both slowly lean in, lips brushing against one another until I press my lips onto his. It was a sweet and slow kiss. He pulls away after a minute and gazes into my y/e/c eyes and says "you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." My cheeks start to heat up and I smile.

"y/n, I really like you. I always have. I just- I thought you didn't feel the same way." Ethan says with a little shy tone.

"E, I've liked you for a while now, and I thought you didn't like me in that way either. Obviously I was wrong." I chuckle, he does also.

"y/n would you like to be my girlfriend?" he says while grinning from ear to ear.

"of course" I say and I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist. His hugs were always my favorite, I felt safe and comfortable in his arms. Like I was always supposed to be in his arms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't updated on this in a WHILE. wow. and it was 1.7k reads?! what the heck? This is longer bc I haven't updated and I felt I owed it to you guys. I'm on summer break but I have summer school so I am not off the hool yet lmao. I want to die lol. thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed :) I'll update again soon.

-eliesha <3