-Chapter 26-

[I would like to apologize for the long wait. My mom had cancelled our WIFI for a while so I haven't had access to the internet. I wanted to release the chapter last few weeks so I've been stressing about it ahahaha *cries* I decided to make this a long chapter because I felt bad! >_<]
Sorry if there is grammar issues!

I sat on the large comfy bed, still in my white nightgown, combing my long, wavy brown hair. The sunlight leaked through the crack between the curtains, making the dark room light up. I pulled the comb through my hair slowly. I then dropped my arm onto my lap, holding the comb tightly and sighed.

'Day class is still in session so I can't go out...' I thought to myself, not wanting to be cooped up in the room. I glanced over to the rose necklace that sat on the night stand and suddenly my heart began to ache. I ignored to heavy feeling that rested its weight on my chest and pushed myself to stand up from the bed. As I walked over to the window to open the curtains, I heard a loud thud that echoed throughout the halls of the dorm, causing me to jump. I quickly ran to my door and swung it open, looking around for the source of the sound. Suddenly another loud thud came from the room down the hall along with Ruka's distressed voice.

'Ruka's room?!' I thought as I quickly ran towards her room, not thinking twice when I saw the door to her room wide open. Before I could call out Ruka's name, the scene before me made my voice get caught in my throat. Ruka was on the floor, looking up with fear and Kain had Shiki by the collar with a furious look in his red eyes, holding the brunette against the wall. I quickly rushed over to Ruka to make sure she was alright. Before I could ask what was going on, Ichijo rushed in, pulling Kain away from Shiki, who was smirking. 

'What happened to Shiki...Why has he been acting strange?' The thought ran through my mind as I watched the scene play out.

"Shiki! Please return to your room." Ichijo said with a serious tone.

"Oh....you're ordering me around?" Shiki glanced at Ichijo with a smirk. But when I looked up to look at Shiki, I felt my heart stop. I got a good look of his mismatched eyes.

"Please...Just return for tonight."

'No...' I felt like my blood ran cold as I began to remember that one dream I had.

'There's no way...'

The others voices were drowned away as a white noise filled my head, causing my blood to run cold. It's just like in the nightmare... Shiki's eyes..

 Ruka noticed my shaken state. "Emi...?"

Shiki noticed this and smirked, walking away. "Hmph. When you put it like that, I guess I'll leave. See you later."

After Shiki left the room, Kain helped Ruka up and Ichijo apologized. I stood up and took a deep breath. 

"Takuma...What's the matter with Shiki?" Ruka glanced at Ichijo, who looked hesitant.

"His eyes..." I said as I bit my lip, trying to run away from the memories that were erupting within my head.

Ichijo gave me a worried smile and patted my shoulder, breaking me from my thoughts. He looked at Ruka and Kain with a reassuring smile. "Let me deal with this and please don't say anything to Kaname." 

"To Lord Kaname?" Ruka said with surprise.

"But-"

"Kain." Ichijo interrupted him before he could say anything, giving him a stern look. Kain sighed and nodded. He gave a slight look of relief and looked at me. "You should go rest, Emi."

I looked down, avoiding eye contact  as Ichijo removed his hand from my shoulder and turned around. "I'm sorry..." He sighed as he left the room.

After a silence that felt like it dragged forever, Ruka spoke up. "Akatsuki...Emi...Thank you..." Kain glanced at Ruka and let out a sigh as he ran his hand through his orange hair.