-Chapter 15-

The moon shone brightly and Cross Academy was quiet as the students slept. Maria gazed out the window from the old dormitory in an empty room.

"I can't believe you easily revealed yourself to her...." Maria, still facing the window, closed her eyes and smiled as the girl in the long, black cloak and appeared down on one knee and stared down at the floor.

"Forgive me, Lady Maria..." The girl apologized. Maria giggled and turned around. " Perhaps it was a good thing. You seemed to have gotten in her head." Maria walked over to her masked servant and cupped his cheeks. 

"Zero seems to be catching on. He's been watching me very closely." She giggled as the masked man turned his head away. "Some of the Night Class students are suspicious as well." He said in a stern voice. 

"Yes, indeed they are. And I'll let them play their little game of detective a little while longer. I have plans for the ball which is coming very soon." She said as she smiled and twirled, but Then came to a stop.

 "I'm sure Kaname Kuran already knows..." She smirked as she saw the girl tense up at the sound of his name.

"I want you to stay hidden a little while longer my dear. The time hasn't come yet... Come, Ichiru." At that, the masked man grabbed his sword and stood up. He and Maria walked towards the door. "Kaname will be expecting us soon," she smirked. They walked out leaving the young girl alone.

~~~~~

I sighed as I got up to get ready for class. I heard Kaname and Ichijo went to go talk to the Discipline Committee earlier. I keep forgetting that the ball is coming up really soon since most of the girls turned to their studies than coming to fangirl over the Night Class guys.

 Well, I heard that the class with the lowest exam scores has the work during the ball. I chuckled softly as I thought who the lucky class might be. I left my room and started walking down the hallway. Last night, Kaname came back late for some reason. I saw him and Ichijo talking, but I didn't bother them. 

Its none of my business...

The sun was already setting when I walked outside. Everyone already left, so I was late. I was walking until I felt something rubs against my leg. I stopped and looked down to see a black cat. 

"Awww! Hi, there little fella." I smiled gently and held out my hand. The black cat purred and rubbed its head against my palm. "What are you doing in a place like this?" I whispered to myself. I didn't know if I was talking about the cat or myself. Do I even belong in a place like this? I got lost in thought until the cat stops and quickly runs away. 

"Ah-!... Oh, shoot! I'm even later!" I panicked as I started running towards the school build. In the distance, I saw Maria walking away from the building and  I started to slow down, but she suddenly disappeared. I figured she was skipping again so I continued to the school building.

~Later that night~

The teacher finally finished his lessons and left and we, of course, had free time. I decided to go outside and get some fresh air. I got up and walked out as everyone was talking to each other, quietly. When I got outside, I saw Yuki standing there, looking up at the starry night sky. 

She looked like she was lost in thought. I figure that Zero was probably somewhere else patrolling. "Yuki? are you ok?" I called out to her and stood beside her. 

"AH!" She snapped out of her thoughts and quickly jumped back in surprise. "O-Oh... Its just you, Emi!" She took a sigh of relief and stood up straight.