-Chapter 10-

The class has ended and everyone was walking back to the dorms, but I decided to walk around the school building for a while longer. Yuki and Zero weren't patrolling tonight so the halls were empty and dark. The only light was the moonlight coming through the window. I found myself looking at the starry night sky through the large window as the moon shone brightly. 

Haha... My big brother loved looking at the night sky. I smiled to myself thinking of my brother's excited face when he saw a shooting star. Memories began to flood back to me. About my family....and when I met Kaname.

_____________________________

The Manor was quiet and peaceful on a full moon night.

 In a small room were two young girls. One girl was sitting on the couch, reading, while the younger one sat on the floor at the coffee table, drawing. 

"Emi, you know mother wouldn't like it if she knew you were coloring on the coffee table." The older girl said with a straight face as she put the book on her lap, staring at the child next to her. Emi stopped and looked over to her sister. She gave a small pout and kept quiet, but she grabbed her crayons and paper and placed them and a basket that sat next to the white love seat.

"I'm sorry, Kyou." the young girl said in a small timid voice. The older girl sighed and closed the book. 

"It's okay. Nothing to be sorry for, silly." Kyou said with a slight playful smile.
Emi smiled and nodded, then walked over to the small bookcase and grabbed a picture book and sat down next to her older sister. She opened the book to a random page, then looked up at her sister.
Her short wavy chestnut hair was nicely combed and her brown eyes were glued to the book she was occupied with. She was 12 years old while Emi was only 7. 

'She looks nicer today than usual...' The young girl thought with curiosity.

"Hey Kyou, Emi!" A calm voice with a hint of excitement broke the silence in the room. Emi looked over to see her older brother, causing Emi's smile to grow wide. 

"Tama!" Emi face lit up with glee and ran up to hug her brother. He put on his goofy grin and hugged her back. Tama was a nickname Emi called him when she was three and soon the whole family calls him that even though his real name was Tanaka.

Tanaka was 14 years old. He had messy dark brown hair but today it was more kept than usual as well, which made Emi slightly pout since she liked to play with his hair as well. He had beautiful Hazel eyes and was also a little taller for his age. Emi was closer to her brother than she was with her older sister. Tanaka was always cheerful and nice and always played with Emi when she was lonely so they grew closer. Though Emi did try to grow a stronger bond with her sister.

 "Wanna go stargazing with me later?" He asked with a goofy grin. Emi giggled with excitement and nodded.

Then in the distance, Emi could hear a car pull up outside. Kyou perked up suddenly. 

"Looks like they're here." Tama grinned. But Emi was confused. Kyou quickly puts down the book and ran out of the room with a huge smile on her face.

This confused Emi even more. She's never seen her smile like that before unless it was something very exciting. 

"Hey Tama, Why is Kyou all happy like that?" Emi asked with curiosity. Tanaka chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"Well... you'll understand when you're older I guess." Emi pouted.