With All That I Am

Chapter 9

With All That I Am

Minerva did not get too much sleep that night.

Hermione wanted to take her somewhere. But where ?

Hermione, however, immediately after their conversation, had left the comfort of her bathtub and went on making the proper reservations for their stay.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Good morning.", said Minerva approaching the gates. "I didn't see you at breakfast."

"Good morning, Minerva. Indeed. There were some things left for me to handle for our trip.", she smiled.

The encounter had been a little bit awkward, after so many days where they hadn't addressed each other, other than last night and that was... well, over the Book.

"So... where are you taking me ?"

"You shall see."

Hermione took Minerva's hand into her own.

"Ready ?"

"Yes", the Headmistress said with a confused look.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Where are we, Hermione ?" Minerva asked.

Just as Hermione smiled, Minerva turned and saw the building in front of them.

"Grand Hotel de Paris ? Are we really in Paris, Hermione ?"

"Yes. Have you ever been here before ?"

Minerva was extatic.

"I have, but only for work related matters. I never had the time to visit."

"Let's go", the girl said leading the way to the main entrance.

"Hello. I have booked a double room, please. Alicia Peters."

Minerva sent her a quizzical look.

"Yes, of course. Here is your key. Room 394. Enjoy your stay and please remember that we are at your disposal at any hour."

"Thank you", Hermione said leading them both to the elevator.

"Alicia Peters ?"

"Oh, yes, I don't like to leave my name around."

As they left the elevator and approached their room, Hermione bit her lip.

"Here we are", she said opening the door.

The room was big. Big enough to accomodate at least 4 people, Minerva thought. And so was the bed. One.

She must have really missed sleeping with me, Minerva thought.

The windows were big, Parisian style. And the view was wonderful, over the Eiffel tower.

"I love it, Hermione. I admit I didn't expect that."

"You are welcome !", smiled the girl.

As Hermione was checking out the mini bar, she heard steps coming toward her. And then, it stopped. So did Hermione's heart.

"Hermione ?"

"Yes.", she slowly turned.

"Thank you !", said Minerva pulling Hermione into a very thight embrace.

Merlin, she had missed her. That parchment scent was driving her insane.

They stood like that for a couple of seconds, until Hermione broke the connection.