The Trip

Chapter 4

The Trip

Thursday evening found Hermione in a very hot tub, trying to enjoy the days left.

Her owl entered the room and she called for it to enter the bathroom.

She was indeed delighted to see the letter, with the Hogwarts crest on it and the initials M.M.

"Dear Miss Granger,

I am sorry to write this late to you, but businesses had to be taken care of about the incoming Christmas Ball. I will tell you all about it in our trip.

For the same matter, I would kindly ask you to tell me if you would prefer a quiet place or a rather noisy city, as I find myself at a loss of ideas as to what you would enjoy more.

Would it be too much to ask for an answer this evening or maybe tomorrow morning, as we are supposed to leave tomorrow, after classes ?

Yours,

Minerva McG.

P.S.: Do you think Mister Longbottom is prepared to propose ?"

Yours ? I certainly hope so.

Hermione, STOP it ! She is just... seeing a friend in you !

But, for the time being, Hermione allowed herself to dream.

She quickly Accio'd her quill and parchment and started scribbling.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Minerva was really waiting for Hermione to reply right away.

And she was not wrong.

"Professor,

I would normally leave it to you to decide, but seeing that it is a rather difficult decision, I would go for a quiet week-end.

You have also noticed it, then ? Yes, I have seen Neville act a little bit weird, even for himself. I think he is giving this a lot of thought.

I will make sure we have the answer to that by tomorrow, before we leave.

Yours,

Hermione G."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"'Morning, Neville. Breakfast ?" asked Hermione.

"Yeah, join me ?"

"Always. So, what's wrong Neville ? Things not going right with Pomona ? And don't try to deny it. I've seen you are different."

"Well...everything is perfect and I was thinking... Hermione, do you think Harry would want to be my best man ?"

"Wowww, Neville... I am sure he will accept. I am so happy for you. We need to get together one of these days and talk more about it."

"Actually, yes, 'Mione, cuz I need advice and stuff... How about this evening ?"

"Well, Neville... this evening is not going to do it. I have to leave after classes. But next week, we'll talk, all right ?"

"Sure. Hey, by the way, I think Pomona wants to ask you to be her bride's maid. I know she was thinking about McGonagall, but she thought is was only fair to our friendship and stuff."

"Neville, I am happy for you either way. I think it will be a pleasure for the Headmistress to be asked. But that's up to you two."

"Hmm.. yeah, Hermione... on that subject.. there is something I wanna ask".