t h r e e

September was quickly coming to a close and bringing cooler air to the students at Hogwarts.

So far with luck, nothing fishy had been happening and Harry was just glad that he had a routine now with his friends. Everything was going just perfectly fine (although Malfoy would still stare) and then the letter came.

Harry should have known that it was all going to end sooner or later, that the peace would disappear and all because of some stupid love letter.

It was a sunny Saturday and he and his friends had planned on attending Hogsmeade for they had premisson to go whenever they wanted as long as they came back before curfew.

Breakfast had been going on just fine with Ron stuffing his mouth with food, Hermione throwing disgusting looks at him, Ginny and Neville flirting, and Seamus with Dean laughing at everything. Harry was eating quietly when the morning post of owls came flooding in to the Great Hall.

Harry knowing Hedwig would never come (ever again) and hand him his mail ignored it and kept eating once in a while joining Ron and Hermione in conversation.

It was then that a dark grey barn owl stopped right in front of him. Harry blinked at the owl and the owl spread its small foot to him addressing the letter.

The letter was in a beige envelope and inside the thick parchment was rolled neatly.

Opening it and ignoring the curious remarks of his friends Harry read the letter (more like love letter) written in a beautiful emerald green ink script.

The stars above the night sky,
lean down to adore the charming green.
Cloudy grey will watch the night
turn a beauty of emeralds.

And when the brilliant moon,
reaches its full, high peak in the night sky,
the green of your eyes will shine
Like the precious jewels they are.

When green meets grey,
you will see the infinity of love that hides beneath the hard surface of silver grey.

Love, you secret admirer

Shock was the understatement for what Harry felt after reading and rereading the letter (he refused to say love letter).

Hermione and Ron still poking at him to tell them from who it was just handed the letter over to them. Hermione made a sound of surprise and Ron burst out into a bark of laughter.

"'Beauty of emeralds... precious jewels... infinity love'! Mate this person is over the moon with you!"

Ron almost choked on his pumpkin juice with the amount of love it contained. Harry too stunned to defend himself looked over at Hermione.

"Who so you think sent it Hermione?" Harry took the letter back and read it again. 'Cloudy grey will watch the night turn a beauty of emeralds.' She read with him and frowned her bushy eyebrows together.

"Well, it's definitely a male who wrote it. That much is obvious, there isn't really anything girly about it..." She kept on going, but Harry was still processing the fact that it was a bloke (I'm not even gay! - mhm sure).

"Wait, but I'm not even gay!" Harry blurted out. His friends had all stop to look at him, there eyes asking "really?"

He turned to Hermione who had her eyebrows raised and then to Ron who just shrugged.

Ginny looked at him with pity, although why Harry didn't know, he went out with her surely that means he isn't gay.

Neville just stared at him sympathically and Seamus and Dean just patted him telling him to stop being in denial with himself. (I am not in denial! Thank you very much).

Ron was the first to speak, "Mate look, your my best friend, but really. Tell me you haven't noticed it, I mean everyone knows."

Harry was even more surprised now, everyone knows? What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean, how is he gay?

(I mean you can't blame him, he just found out from his best mate that he's supposedly gay and not only that everyone knows).

"But, but.. I-I..."

"Harry, really? I mean there's a reason why you and Gin didn't work out. And I've seen you ogoling Malfoys arse so don't try to deny it."

Spluttering Harry managed to say, "W-what?! O-ogoling M-malf-foys a-arse!" he squeaked out. Ron and the rest of the group nodded, "Although why his arse flies past me seeing as he looks like a ferret if you look closely enough. But I can see that it's alright for a guy I guess."

Everyone gaped at Ron and Harry banged his head repeatedly to see if he could die right there of embarrassment. (Your best mate just complimented a guys arse, and not just any, but Malfoys. How do you react to that?).

Hermione patted his head gently and started listing possibilities of who this certain secret admirer was and how to convince Harry that he was actually gay (I am not gay).

Still hitting his head against the table and ignoring Ron's, Seamus, and Dean's teasing of "Oooooh Harry's secret love has grey eyes" and "Malfoys arse is actually good looking" which may or may not have made Harry jealous that they were checking the blond out (it didn't!) had no one noticing a pair of silver eyes staring at the dark haired boy lovingly from across the Great Hall.