Chapter 23

Picture of Troy on the side. :) 

Chapter 23

             Being a Magician of Water is really exhausting, Dahlia reflected. During the last half-an-hour, they had bought some clothes and supplies including food and backpacks.

             Dahlia was now outfitted in jeans, a loose T-shirt and a baggy sweater. Her dagger was fitted in its scabbard and was slung through the belt loops in her new pair of jeans.

             Dahlia glanced at Troy. He looked just as tired as she was though. His dark hair was sticking together in clumps, and although he wore a clean T-shirt and jeans, he still looked pretty worn out.         

             Following Kayla’s instructions, Dahlia had bought camera tripod cases for Troy, Verne and August to hide their swords and a map tube for Luna to conceal her bow and quiver of arrows.

           With their long spears, Kayla and Cedric had a harder time trying to hide their weapons but in the end, they put them in bags that carried ski poles.

           Unfortunately, they didn’t have much money left. The magicians had bought all their clothes at a second-hand shop. Backpacks had been easy to find. They just bought a set of cheapo bags. The camera tripod cases, the map tube and the ski pole bags had been harder and more expensive though.

           They stopped outside the London Eye. Cedric spun around, searching for any sign of Ella and Olive. Neither of them were anywhere to be seen.

           “They aren’t here, Kayla,” he said, anxiously pacing up and down.

           “Maybe they’re late? Or held up?” Luna suggested, unable to bear the thought of Ella and Olive dead.

         “Or still fighting?” Dahlia put in.

         “You’re the diviner, you tell us,” Kayla snapped at Luna.

          Luna glared back at Kayla. “I told you, I can’t see that sort of stuff at the moment. It’s blocked! You’re supposed to be the expert on the guard. Just tell us what they’re like!”

          Kayla scowled at Luna. “Fine. Ellie, Varmer’s wife and Rosalie’s daughter, is a Magician of Earth and a shield.”

          “What kind of shield?” Dahlia asked.

           “A magic shield,” Kayla explained. “A shield against magic powers. But she can be harmed physically, which is why Tia is also in the guard.”

            “Who’s Tia?” Troy asked.

           “Tia is a warrior,” Kayla continued. “She’s a strategist and is fast enough to kill you. She’s very, very good. As far as I know, no one can beat her.”

             “That’s comforting,” Cedric muttered.

            “Varmer uses Tia to protect Ellie and vice versa. Basically, if they fight together, they are practically undefeatable.”

            “Great,” Troy said, sarcastically.

            “Then there’s Leonardo,” Kayla continued, shooting a glare at Troy and Cedric. “He’s a teleporter and a Magician of Water.”

            “Like Troy?” Dahlia asked.

            “No,” Luna said. “He doesn’t need shadows to teleport.”