Eighteen

Unedited

So close.
Sitting next to each other.
Eye to eye.
Face to face.
Hand in hand.
Lips centimeters apart.

"HEYYY!" The door swung open again. To find no one else but Matt.

Oh. No. I did not want him to see us almost kiss. Why does everyone keep walking in! Ugh!

"Oh. I'm sorry I didn't realize." Matts head hung low.

"Hey Matt I-" Hayes began

"No! Just don't" Matt looked at my with watery eyes and turned around and walked out the door.

"I knew this was wrong. I'm such an idiot." I clung to the pillow on the bed.

"Never call yourself that again. Your not idiot. Or else you wouldn't be in the situation. Everyone loves you Kylie. That's the issue. What's not to love about you? This is hard but I know we will get through it" he gave me a comforting speech.

Gosh why does he have to be so great.

"Well you being so nice and great makes it that much harder" I chuckled a bit to lighten the mood.

He laughed to expect a little bit harder then I did.

"I need to talk to Matt." I stood up and my legs hurt. It must be because I've been sitting down for so long.

I looked at Hayes one last time long and hard then walked out of the room.

"Have you seen Matt?" I asked Shawn

"He ran out the door and took the keys" Shawn said with a blank face

"Are you serious?" I grunted in angry

"Is everything ok honey?" He asked leading me to the cough to sit down.

"No. I just I don't know what to do. " I sat down next to Shawn. I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I just don't want to hurt anyone.

"What's going on Kylie? You know you can tell me anything." He voice was calm

"Shawn you mean so much to me." I let out a light laugh and wiped away my on going tears.

"So I like Hayes. A lot. And I also love Matt. But I love him like a brother. He obviously doesn't see me as a sister. And I just don't want to hurt anyone" I snuggled closer to Shawn.

"Hey it's ok sweetie." He wrap his arm around me

"That's a hard situation to be in. But who you love is all that matters. Someone you see yourself with and want to start a life with. If you love them pursue them. Give it time. Don't make a decision right away. Someone you are met to be with will be in your life at some point. Even if it's not Hayes or Matt. Or maybe it is. Give it time" his large hands rubbed my back.

Gosh I love Shawn. How does he do that? Be so perfect.

Oh no. No no no. I can't like him. I like Hayes. I can't get myself in a bigger problem.

No I don't like Shawn. He's just my best friend. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

"Thanks Shawn." I snuggled closer to him trying not to think about anything. But I couldn't help but think about how great he is.