Drakes Downfall

Dedicated to steph (BloodyBones) just because she's awesome, and because she helps me with the ideas of what happens next :D   Thankyou Steph

This chapter doesn't have much action, I hope you guys still like it though =)

Thanks to everyone who's reading my story.. Let me know what you think? Hope you enjoy.

Kassies POV

Drake continued kicking me, i cried out and begged him to stop, but he wouldn't listen. Is this the end?I heard someone call out to drake, he stopped for a second but then carried on kicking me. The kicking stopped and i felt a thump next to me, i was too scared to move, in case it started again.

"Kassie" i heard a whisper, it sounded like Ruby. "Kassie, can you hear me?"

I moved my arms from my head and looked up. It was Ruby. she was holding a knife big enough that it could be classed a sword. as i looked up at her she dropped the knife and ran over to me. "what have i done?!" she gasped as she reached me. i rolled over, wincing at the pain that shot through my body, i looked at Drake, he wasn't moving, i could see the blood pouring from a wound on his back, She'd stabbed him..!

"Help me check if he's still alive." i told her. she slowly crouched beside me, i put my hand against his neck, i couldn't feel his pulse, OH MY GOD!

"Is he dead?" she murmured. i glanced at her face, and saw the look of pure horror that flashed through her eyes.

She helped me to sit up, leaning against the wall. "He's dead, Ruby, He's dead" i whispered to her. i watched as the tears formed in her eyes.

"I killed him, Me, I'm a murderer." she whispered, more to herself than to me.

"No, Ruby, if you hadn't done that i wouldn't be here right now, i would most likely be dead, You saved my life." i told her, she couldn't feel guilty, not for someone like him. he deserved what he got.

I held her as she sobbed. "Shh.. Ruby com'on we have to move the body, no one can know. if they find out we're as good as dead." i whispered in her ear. her sobs subsided and her breathing returned to normal. "Help me up?" i asked her. she jumped up and put an arm under mine and helped lift me up, i used the wall as a support. i slowly moved down towards his legs. i grabbed one.

"we'll put him in my room, no-one would think to look there." i told her. "Grab his other leg" she moved around his body and picked up his leg. we both pulled but he barely moved. Shit we're not strong enough.

Ruby suddenly dropped his leg and ran in the opposite direction down the hall.

"Ruby!" i called but she didn't answer. I tried to pull his leg but i didn't have the stregth to move him. i slid back down the wall and wiped a hand over my face to remove the tears. I looked down at my body and saw the blossoming bruises. they covered pretty much every inch of my arms and legs. One bruise was the size of the bottom half of my leg, it was black and purple, it looked horrible.

I heard footsteps coming back from the direction Ruby had gone. God i hope its ruby, anyone else and I'm dead.

Ruby's head appeared around the corner. i slumped forward in relief. she walked towards me and i noticed she was followed by 3 other girls i didn't know.

"Kassie, these girls have all been on the wrong end of Drakes anger. they're here to help." she muttered as she crouched next to me. I looked up at the girls, looking each one in the eye, i could see the look or steel determination in each one. Ruby helped to pull me up so i was standing, leaning against the wall for support. I limped forwards and picked up his leg.

"Com'on lets hide him before we're found." i told them. each girl picked up either an arm or a leg. as a team we half carried half dragged his body to the room. once his body was on the ground i turned back to the girls.

"we have to clean the blood from the hall, otherwise they'll know somethings happened. i sent the girls to get cloths and water. once they'd left i turned to ruby.

"we have to leave today!" i told her, she nodded in response. she turned around and pulled a rucksack from behind a shelf.

"i've already packed some food, water and sheets." she said. i smiled at her. using the wall for support i made my way over to my shoebox and pulled out my diary, i motioned her over and handed the diary to her.

"Please keep this safe." i asked her. she gave me a slight smile and nodded and put it in her bag. The other girls came back into the room, we walked back into the hall, the girls helped me clean the blood from the floor. once the blood was cleaned up the girls left us. They had to finish their jobs otherwise they'd be punished.

Ruby came over to me, put an arm around me and helped me to the door. "We need to leave right now." she said. I had no idea where we would go, but if we stayed we could end up six feet under.

We made it as far as the front door before we were spotted. One of Koles pack members saw us. he strolled over. "What are you doing?" he quizzed. Ruby looked at me, with terror in her eyes.

"I've been sent to collect wood for the fireplace, She's helping walk." i said pointing at ruby, I watched as his eyes zeroed in on Ruby.

"whats the bag for?" he asked, Crap. i forgot she was carrying a bag. But before i could respond Ruby spoke.

"It's to carry the wood back." she sounded calm as she spoke. Luckily he seemed to believe us, and nodded for us to continue. we walked out the door, but i could feel his eyes on my back the whole way to the edge of the trees. we walked a little way into the trees and stopped

"Why are we stopping?" i asked confused.

"I have to leave a note for Saffron." she aswered as she crouched down and placed a piece of paper underneath a rock. with that done she stood up, put an arm around me and we carried on walking into the trees.