Meeting the Parents

I tripped over and over again. "Sorry. I can't walk when I'm nervous." I told Dayn. He was walking with his hands in his pockets and head held high.

He stopped walking and looked at me. "You don't need to be nervous, my love. I'll do all the work. Just stand there and look pretty and smart and like you love me. Maybe they'll do something so that we can be together." He held my hand the rest of the way. My nerves melted away. He read my mind and squeezed my hand. I love you. For as long as I live.

"Same here. Even when I meet Her, it won't matter. I love you." And then we came to the biggest, tallest set of doors I've ever seen. He turned to me and kissed me. We continued loving each other for about 5... or 10 minutes. Then the doors opened.

"Son! You've met Her!" His mother, Audriana exclaimed. She clapped her hands together and had huge grin on her face.

"No mother. This isn't Her." He suddenly spoke with a British-y accent, similar to his mother's. When he informed her, her smile greatly fell. She collapsed on the floor.

"You brought a Forgotten Soul to me. And kissed her before my eyes. Dayn you better be grateful you're father isn't here. I totally forgot. Dayn had told me that his father was away for something.

"Mother, I should inform you that Lithia is a mortal." She looked up at her son from the ground.

"You made a mortal a Forgotten Soul! How stupid are you Dayn!" That British accent had disappeared in thin air. Then the whole language changed. I guessed they were speaking Demonlish, Demonguese, maybe Demonic. Like Arabic but for Demons. I chuckled at the different names for the demon language. They both snapped their heads in my direction.

"What's so funny mortal?" Bitch...

"Nothing. I was laughing about nothing."

"Mom, I love her. Stop acting like a total bitch."

"Why would you love her darling? She's a mortal and most importantly, not Her." She wasn't going to give up without a fight.

"I love her because of the hundreds of years I've been alive, I haven't found anyone so amazing and beautiful. And someone who doesn't annoy the shit out of me."

"Stop using profane language around your mother!" I just stood there with nothing to say. Honestly, I was terrified. Adriana was definitely not a nice woman.

"Stop saying Lithia isn't Her! She is Her, and she is mine." Just then, a sudden wind came through. I looked at the doors behind us. There was an anime-looking girl, about my age standing there in a pink alter dress. She strutted down the hallway, making her way towards us. Dayn just stared. I grabbed his hand.

"Dayn... Don't do this. Remember you love me." I began thinking this whole thing was like Twilight. As soon as Jacob saw Renesmee, he fell for Her. This chick just might be Dayn's Her.

"Um... Hello. My name is Katirina. And I came looking for Dayn Darken."

I was the first to speak, "Well Katirina, my boyfriend Dayn is right her. Holding my hand. And he loves me." I became really insecure. I knew deep in my gut that Katirina was Dayn's girl. His soul-mate. His love for the rest of his life.

"Well excuse for intruding on your love fest, but I heard a rumor he was here. And I'm his. I'm Dayn Darken Her. According to a Blood Fortune Teller."

Dayn let go of my hand. No. "You're Her." And he kissed her. Right in front of me. I died inside. The only thing that made me feel beautiful and real just kissed another girl.

Kaige appeared. "Fuck! How did she even know!" He then realized I was standing right there crying. We walked over.

"I'm so sorry..." He hugged me.

I started to cry hysterically into his shoulder. "Why-y-y-y-y," I started to sound like Alice.

"Take this Forgotten Soul to the Forgotten Chambers. I'll do what I can to let her go back to her world." Dayn and Kaige's mom walked off and closed to doors. Dayn and Katirina continued to kiss and laugh and hug and kiss and laugh and hug. Why?