A Slap To the Face

• Dedicated to Brandon <3

Okay so this is wierd: It's spring break and people leave. But one person in particular left. Dayn. And you know what? It got sunny and warm again. So what? Dayn brings rain and sadness?

I, of course, was in my pool when my mom called my name.

"What mom?" I resurfaced and pushed my dark pink hair back. I only had pink streaks but the first day of Spring Break I died it all Dark Pink. It looks awesome.

"Dayn Dusken is on the phone."

My heart sped up. "One: It Dayn Darken and Two: Tell him to give me a minute." Omigosh! Dayn wanted to talk to me where ever he was.

"Hello?" I said once I dried myself off. My mom went back in making lunch for me and my little brother.

"Lithia?"

"Yeah Dayn, its me."

"I'm so sorry."

"For what?"

"For my mistake."

"What mistake Dayn?"

"For bringing you to them. You're in danger and I'm coming to get you. Oh put a jacket on so you don't get wet." What? Then it started raining again. Well my theory was prven right.

"Dayn! Who is them?"

"There's no time pack a bag of clothes and wait outside for me."

"Umm... Okay." And I listened.

But then I woke up. From my paradise of a dream. A world where Dayn wants to protect me from harm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It still rained. Which according to my dream means Dayn is still here. Ever since the incident, he ignored. me. Like Kaige did when we shared a kiss at Joi's birthday party. That was a slap to the face. And now Dayn is doing it to me. I mean, we haven't kissed, but he saved my life. My usless, going-nowhere life was saved.

I attempted to call him but it didn't work. She called several times during the week but he just never answered. On Sunday, before school returned, Dayn actually picked up the phone.

"You know, we have caller I.D. and I can see tat you've called more than twenty times." I felt kind of stupid now... But I didn't to get my point out.

"Dayn, why did you save my life? I mean you completely ignored me after the incident. I mean, was the hospital all a dream?"

"I saved your life because... well that's personal and you'll eventually find out. And The hospital wasn't a dream. And yes there was a romantic moment between us. But like I said before, I'm not dating anyone until I find Her. You don't know how badly I want to kiss you, Lithia. But trust me, if you're not Her, then you're going to be someone you don't want to be."

"Dayn..."

"I'm returning to Transylvania. And I may or may not return. Please don't tell anyone, especially Cami and that Kaige douche. I trust you. And if I don't return, just forget about me."

"I can't forget about you Dayn."

"You'll have to. I'll see you tomorrow, Lithia."

"Goodbye, Da-" In the background I could hear, "Dayn Silvering Darken! You should be asleep! It's 8 oclock in the morning! If its Her, tell her you love her and hang up!"

"Dayn?"

"Dammit, you heard... My mom lives traditionally like a Transylvanian. She  practically lives like a vampire." Vampire...

"Well I better go before my mom yells again. Can we hang out tonight? See a movie as friends?" We was really asking me out. But as friends.

"Yeah. I would love that. See you there at eight?" 

"That's a perfect time. Good night- I mean see you later..." Dayn just couldn't find the right words.

"Bye." I smiled knowing that the chance of Dayn Darken kissing me just raised up 50%.