~ the beginning ~

maria had finally accepted that the part of her life spent in narnia was over. at least, until she is dragged back into the realms of a land now cursed beyond recognition. 

striving to forget her former heartbreak and relishing the chance to be worth something again, maria must become the warrior she once was to help free narnia from its terrible sickness. 

but when the unexpected happens, her fears begin to rise, and soon the land she loves leaves her with almost too much to lose.

𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫

  ~ ages implied by the films will be used for the benefit of the romantic side plot and character maturity levels.

  ~ elements from both the film and book will be incorporated as a base for this fanfiction.

  ~ this fanfiction is purely for entertainment value, to improve writing style in the fantasy genre and descriptive technique.

  ~ i created maria/nimueh in order to explore the emotional impact that journeys to and from narnia can have on a person, as i have seen posts exploring how the pevensies would have felt upon returning to england, and wanted to go into more depth.

  ~ maria konstantinova is pronounced MAR-ree-ah (as opposed to the more common pronunciation, ma-REE-ah) con-stan-tee-NOH-vah.

  ~ nimueh firesong is pronounced nim-way fire-song.

  ~ the chronicles of narnia series is owned by c.s. lewis and the walt disney company. i own nothing, except maria/nimueh, her world, and the other characters that do not appear in the novels.

all writing update are posted on my instragram - @ opheliabennet