Dark Howl's Attack On Fairy Tail

The group was riding the train on the way back to Magnolia. As usual, Natsu was lying there completely out cold from the motion sickness. Happy was sitting next to him sleeping and sleep talking about fish. Ben and Lucy were looking out the window and into the passing landscape next to them. Both of them had been worn out from all the thanks they got the night before for stopping the experiments in the last town. The people had been grateful to them, but also sad now that they would never see their missing friends and family members again.

"What a twisted experiment, wasn't it?" said Lucy looking out the window. She was still shaken from seeing the dust on the table, and that Elena had too been subjected to the experiment and turned into dust.

"The worst part of trying to be a hero, is knowing that sometimes you won't be able to save some people," said Ben looking out too, the Omnitrix symbol glowing on his wrist.

"Why did you leave last night? We heard a bunch of noise, and when we woke up you were gone,"
said Lucy turning to look at Ben.

"I had the nightmare that I have been having for four years," said Ben looking down.

"Nightmare?" asked Lucy, "What is it about?"

"I don't know. I can never remember," said Ben, "But honestly, it can only be for one reason. It must be because of what happened to me four years ago."

"Really? What happened?" asked Lucy looking at Ben.
Ben looked put the window for a minute, before finally speaking.

"It happened four years ago," said Ben. "I was twelve then. I used to go around helping people with the Omnitrix, like usual. I had no idea that me being a hero was going get me enemies. True enemies. The ones that will try to hurt you and those who you care about."

"What happened?" asked Lucy.

"When I was ten, I met an alien that went by the name of Vilgax. He was obsessed with getting the Omnitrix. There was nothing more he wanted in the world than to get it, and make me suffer. In the end, he attacked me. But he decided to attack my family first. He went and almost killed my parents. My father lost his left leg. My mother lost both her arms."

"That's horrible..." said Lucy, her eyes widening.

"I couldn't stand it. I used the Omnitrix to beat Vilgax almost to death. After that, Vulgax could barely stand before he got on his ship and went away."

"It wasn't you fault Ben. He attacked your family. It wasn't your fault that you were angry. You could not help it. When a Fairy Tail member is attack, it hurts the whole guild. We are a family."

"Yes I know. But I could not bear it. I wanted a normal life. So I gave up the Omnitrix for three years. I refused to use it for a long time. But when my grandpa needed help, I made the decision to use it again. I had to be a hero, since no one else would. So that is what I am now, a hero. I will try my best to protect those I care about. And I guess that since Fairy Tail is my family now, I will protect it."

"That's good Ben. Since you are part of Fairy Tail, that means you are part of our family. Like me when I first joined Fairy Tail. Back then I-"

"Look over there!" yelled Ben pointing out the window. Lucy turned to see that they were approaching Magnolia. But in the distance they could see a pillar of smoke rising, and it was coming straight from the guild. When they finally got to the stage action, the group quickly got off and ran towards the guild. When they got there they saw pieces of rubble as if someone at attacked the place with cannon balls. People were running away from the scene, and there were Fairy Tail members casting spells. This the group looked around to see who was attacking, but they saw Erza with her sword at hand.