Chapter 10- Vampires will never hurt you

Hey guys!  I'm actually getting really excited for this story ! This is the longest chapter yet so I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Some feedback would be hella cool! Also I have an instagram if you guys wanna check it out (I don't expect you to follow me, but if you do, I'll certainly follow back!) I don't post too much, but it'd be cool to stay connected with anyone who supports the things I create! my user is funghoulxo ! ANYWAYS on with the 10th chapter!!

Chapter 10 

Vampires will never hurt you

"I don't want you hanging around him anymore."

It was about two weeks after I showed Gerard's weird list to Ray. And in that span of two weeks, everything was...different. It was two weeks since Gerard and I kissed, and two weeks since Ray's mom found Gerard's list and kicked me out from their home. Since then, I haven't been allowed over because according to Ray's mom, I was some sort of satanic goth kid. But... I wasn't a Satanist or goth. I understood though. They were insanely religious, and the list didn't seem to mortify Ray as much as it did his mother, but I mean, it's not like Gerard's list was a hit list per se. Gerard wasn't some vigilante was he? After all, it was vague. There was no detail other than the dates and how many men there were, but it was never established whether or not he really had killed anyone. What if it was just a coincidence that Jamia's mother's death was on his list? Many things could've happened that day. But it also didn't help that I found a loaded gun beside the list either. I never told Ray that.

"Why not? You were so excited for me to snoop around his house before." I raised a brow, shifting myself in my chair, reaching for my coffee.

Before Ray could answer, the waitress came by to our table, completely ignoring me, turning to Ray. "Can I get you anything else?" I caught her twirling a lock of her chestnut hair on her finger.

I noticed Ray slowly turn red. "Uhm, n-no! I'm uh... I'm okay! Thanks Christa."

She nodded her head, and walked over to the table next to us.

"Do you know her?" I smirked.

"Yeah, I come here all the time." He shrugged, the redness in his cheeks lessening.

"So she's not your girlfriend?"

He pressed the heels of his hands to his eyes, clearly embarrassed. "Frank! Shut up! What if she hears you?"

I started laughing. Oh god, Ray was too easy to bother. "Who cares if she hears, man? She obviously has a thing for you."

He slumped in his chair, removing his hands from his face. "Does she?"

"She does, maybe next time we're in, you can ask her out on a date?"

The blush in Ray's cheeks became almost as red as Gerard's hair. "I can't do that! She so....ahhhh... and I'm just...y'know?" He took a sip of his coffee.

"Shut up you fuckin' pansy!" He nearly spat his coffee out all over the table.

"Pansy?" He snorted.

"Yes, pa-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I noticed a flash of bright red hair from the corner of my eye, entering the coffee shop. It was Gerard.

I really hoped that he hadn't seen me here with Ray, because I wasn't ready to confront him yet after our last encounter, but at the same time, I wanted him near me, I wanted to feel him close. I wanted to taste the nicotine on his lips again.

"Code red." Ray nodded towards Gerard.

I snorted. "Code red?"

"Yes." He smiled proudly. "Now we should get out of here, dude."