Chapter 3

Im going to make this chapter the whole dinner scene and maybe add a character. I hope you all are enjoying this and I'd like to officially welcome my friend DarkAngelShorty3 to Watt Pad and i can't wait till she decides to write a story. You know i love you shorty!!! :)

Now on to the story ->

After lying to my daughter I felt bad. I never wanted to lie to her but I knew if I hadn't then she might never be happy. I went into my study and sat behind the desk. I unlocked my bottom drawer of my desk and pulled out the last picture I had of Taressa. "What am I going to do? I've lied to her but I had to. What if she hates me and lives her life alone and unhappy? I wish you were here to help me with all of this. Especially in a month when everything will go to hell."I told the picture. Sometimes I felt weird talking to a picture but it really helped. I was destracted when I heard my cell ring, I answered it.

"Hey I just realised I don't know what to wear. Do I need to bring anything? Is it just the three of us? Does she know Im coming?"I heard Brennon ask. I chuckled at how excited he seemed to be.

"Just calm down and let me answer a question. Wear jeans and a nice shirt, no you don't have to bring aything, yes it's just the three of us, and no she doesn;'t know your coming so she may freak out." I told him.

"Ok. What time am I coming over?" He asked calmly.

"I told her 6 so sometime around then."

"Ok thank you again for this." He said before hanging up. I laughed again at how worried he seemed to be, I just hoped Cam wouldn't kill me.

Cam POV

I don't know why but I was really nervous. My dad hadn't told me who was coming and I was really worried that I was going to mess up in front of my dads friends or collegues. When I was dressed I went downstairs and started dinner. I was making seasoned chicken, greenbeans, and mashed potatoes. After I had started it I started on dessert which was my favorite, key lime pie and chocolate pudding. They seemed like an odd combination but they were actually really good together. I also realised that I had made Brennon's favorite dinner.

I had to stop thinking about him, I knew I did, but I couldn't stop myself sometimes. I continued with dinner anyways becaue it really didn't matter because he would never know. As everything was cooking I went to find my dad. Of course he was in the shower, he always waited until the last minute to get ready. I just went back into the kitchen and checked on everything. It was almost 6 and I figured dad needed to get out soon so I went to go get him."Dad do you know what time it is?" I yelled through the door.

"Shit! Hold on I'll be right out!" He yelled back as the water turned off.

"This is why you don't wait til the last minute." I told him through the door.

"Whatever. Just hurry up."

"I'm done."He said as he came out of the bathroom.

"Hold on." I said as i went to fix his hair, which was everywhere because he didn't comb it. "Dinner is almost done and our guest hasn't arrived. By the way who's coming?" I asked realising I didn't know.

"Um just an aquantence. What did you make for dinner?" He said trying to change the subject.

"Dad, who did you invite to the house?" I asked using my angry voice. Before he could answer the door bell rang. "If you invited him here I won't talk to you for a whole week." I told him. "Now I'm going to answer the door and I swear I won't talk to you if it's him." I said walking away. When I walked to the door I knew it was Brennon. I pulled open the door and walked away without talking to him. I went to the kitchen and pulled out the chicken. I could tell he had followed me and I turned to him.