Chapter | 12 |

Liam stepped to the side, allowing me to walk into the cabin. It was a small cabin, but the way the furniture was laid out it look kind of spacious. The kitchen was in the right corner, it was nothing but a fridge, two counters, a microwave, and a stove. There were basic catches things like pots, cups, plates, utensils, a coffee maker, ect. laid out here and there. In the center of the room was a couch. It was a dark fur couch that looked very comfy, it was facing a wall and on that wall hung a flat screen tv directly over a lit fireplace. The marble was incredible. Behind the couch was a sliding glass door that appeared to lead out onto a deck.

My eyes of course fell on the bed, and my heart stopped in my chest with such quickness that I couldn't breathe. The bedroom space was on a higher lever than everything else, two steps led up to it. It was a grand bed, perhaps a queen sized if not bigger than it. Not only was the bed huge enough to fit a soccer team, it was made to perfection. The sheets did not have a single crease, and none of the pillows looked the least bit deflated. It looked like the comfiest thing in the world, and I suddenly wanted to lay in it.

"It's nice isn't it?" Liam said, causing me to jump at the sudden sound of another persons voice. I'd forgotten that I wasn't alone.

"Um, yeah. It has a homey feel to it." I muttered and turned to face him.

His brown eyes were dark, almost black. He was staring at me in a way that made me uncomfortable, it was like he was looking into my very soul. The speed my heart was beating, was so fast that it started to hurt in a way. I wondered if he knew, if he could see the way my eyes traveled uncomfortable. The way my palms were sweating from nervousness and the twitch of fear in my brow. Did he notice?

"I know you're scared of me, but really you have no reason to be. I'm not going to hurt you," He said moving closer to me. My breath hitched in my throat, as I watched him move. It was like my feet were glued to the floorboards and all I could focus on were his eyes. "I promise you," He continued. "The last thing I'll ever do is lay a threatening hand on you."

He was right in front of me now, our bodies so close that I could feel the heat from his body radiating onto mine. The smell of his cologne filling my nose with complete bliss, what was it? What smell is that, I don't know but I love it.

"You're staring at me." He whispered softly, his face only inches from mine now.

I shook my head, trying to snap myself from the trance I was in but as soon as I looked back at him I was back in. "I-I'm sorry..." I said, my voice coming out softer than a whisper but given how close we were I'm sure he heard me.

Liam chuckled and shook his head. "Don't worry about it. Can I get you anything?"

"A glass of water would be great." I replied jumping at the chance to get out of this moment, it was getting to hot in this cabin for my liking.

He nodded and turned, walking into the small kitchen area and opening the fridge. He pulled a pitched of water from inside and turned to the cabinets, to get a cup. It was a medium sized mug, with clouds on it. It looked like a happy picture and then he turned the mug to the side, the clouds had turned dark and hard rain seemed to be pelting a shadows body that laid towards the bottom of the cup. Once again, I began to feel nervous.

"This is a nice cabin, is it yours?" I asked trying to get a conversation started.

"You could say that. I kind of own it but Zayn owns it too, we used to camp up here." Liam explained, sitting on the couch and waving me over.

I rose a brow and walked over, sitting down as far as I could from him on the small couch. "But there's one bed, I don't really think you guys slept in the same bed." I said taking the mug from him.

"Of course not, there used to be bunk beds over there but they're in a garage. Zayn and I only bring them out when were camping, but we haven't been lately so I've been coming here alone. I didn't like the bunk bed as much."

"Don't you have your own place?"

"Of course I do, but sometimes living around other human beings is just too much effort. I like being alone sometimes."

"Is there a reason why you don't like to be around other people, did something happen?" I asked, very intrigued by him.

He swallowed and looked away from me. "Why're you asking me so many questions, what-is this some kind of fucking interview?" He snapped suddenly.

My brows furrowed at the change of mood. "N-no, I was just wondering..."

"Well you know what, I don't have to tell you shit about me."

"Of course you don't, why're you acting like this?" I asked standing up.

He stood too, turning to face me. His eyes were narrowed and dark as coals, fear climbing up and gripping my heart. "I'm sick and tired of people like you always trying to fix shit and pry into peoples lives. If I wanted to share my life story with you I would've,I don't need you to sit here and interrogate me!"

"I wasn't interrogating you, I was just trying to help-"

"I don't need your fucking help! I don't even like you!" He growled.

I took a step back, pain striking me like I was being stabbed again and again with a bunch of needles.

"Then why the fuck did you even invite me here, if you don't like me!"

His mouth opened to speak but then it closed again, and instead of speaking he glared at me. "Exactly." I snapped and put the mug down and pulled my phone from my pocket to call Harry to come and pick me up. I knew this was a bad idea, I should've listened to myself and looked at the signs. But as always, I was stupid enough to ignore them.

"What're you doing?" He asked watching me.

"Texting Harry to come and get me, this was a bad idea." I mumbled.

"No you're not." Liam said reaction for me phone.

I moved away. "I already did." I growled narrowing my eyes at him.

"Well tell him never mind." He told me matching my tone.

"No, I don't want to be here with you any longer," I snapped and added, "in fact I'll wait on the porch."

I started for the door, but Liam grabbed my arm pulling me back. "No you're not." He said.

I fought his grip but it was strong on my wrist, and getting tighter each time I fought. "Liam let me go!" I screamed and pushed on his chest, pulling my arm away with such force that when he released me I stumbled back and hit the wall. Something rolled off the shelf above my head and hit, it hurt really bad.

The next thing I knew was I was laying on the ground, blood trickling on the floor next to me.

And then I blacked out.