Chapter | 2 |

It was about two hours later and I'd just finished decorating my side of the room with the thing I brought. I planed to go and get more stuff to add later on, but right now I just wanted to explore campus. Lillian's words were still fresh in my mind, what did she mean about Harry? Sure, he had a tough guy exterior but when I was talking to him there was nothing wrong with him; except the fact that he's kind of strange.

I pushed the thought away and grabbed my phone and keys, exiting my room and making sure to lock the door. Outside, there was a nice breeze. The air was cool and the sky was a pretty pink color from the sun setting. There were tons of kids walking around and talking, still heaving they're bags around as they tried to find they're rooms. I'm so glad that I found my room early, it must be so frustrating to be lost on your first day, when really all you want to do is go out and taste the new found freedom you have.

Smiling to myself, I walked down the concrete path towards the little town center. The town center was jam packed with people, walking into and out of stores. Cars lined the street near meters, a police officer was sticking tickets on windshields. I smiled wider and continued down the street, taking in the music and the sweet smell of food. As I passed the coffee shop, I peered inside and saw Lillian handing a guy some coffee, she looked super bored. The shop was packed, and I really didn't want to bother her, she seemed to not like me, so I just kept walking.

A few minutes into my walk, I found a bar that looked eerie and dark. My curiosity took the better of me and I entered the bar, inside it was just as dark. Wooden tables were sprawled everywhere and a stage was nestled on the far right. There was a bar in the corner, the bartender was shaking drinks and flirting with some girl with pink hair. The people in the bar reminded me of Harry, all tattooed and pierced up. They sat on tabled strumming guitars, smoking, drinking, and kissing. They had no shame whatsoever.

"Kade?" A familiar voice asked. I turned my head to see Harry sitting with a group of people.

My eyes fell on the boy sitting on the table though, he like Harry was heavily tattooed. He had piercings on his brow, lip, and nose. A beanie was on his head, black just like the rest of his clothes. Unlike everyone else he didn't look up when Harry called my name, instead he continued to strum his soft and depressing melody on his pretty guitar.

I smiled at Harry and walked over hoping that my walking over to them would catch the boys attention - it didn't. "Hey." I said when I was close enough for them to hear me.

"Hey." They all greeted me, all if them except the boy. Ugh, what was his problem?

"Guys, this is Kade, the girl I was talking about." Harry said to his friends. "Kade, this is Jasmine,"

He pointed to a girl with long curly red hair. She had a small star tattoo under her right eye, her arms, legs, and chest were covered in bold colorful tattoos. She wore black boots, shorts, and a shirt made of chains. Even though it was see through, she had nothing on but a bra under her see through shirt. Jasmine looked at me and smiled warmly, flashing off perfect straight white teeth. She was really pretty when you looked past all of the body ink.

"Niall,"

He pointed to a blonde boy, with arms full of tattoos. His blue eyes were stunning, but something about him yelled stay away. He was dressed in a leather jacket, black t-shirt, black jeans, and boots. He looked at me but didn't smile, only, he rose his hand and ran his fingers through his hair looking away at the girl that was stepping onto the stage. His eyes following her every move like a predator watching its prey.

"Zayn and Zoe."

The boy looked at me, beautiful hair, beautiful eyes. Tattooed just like the other guys but just a little bit more. He was dressed in all black, wearing more leather than the others, he reminded me of a 90's biker from the moves. Only he wore beanies. The girl, she was petite and her brown hair was curled and moused up into a very cool Mohawk look. She had blue in her hair too. She was the least tattooed of the group, with only one sleeve. She wore a black mini skirt with fishnets and a shirt that cut off at her belly button. On her feet, she had on converse.

"It's rude to leave out others." The boy with the guitar mumbled looking up for the first time. His pretty brown eyes locked on my blue ones, and I felt warmth spread throughout me. He was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen, more beautiful with Max and the tattoos and piercing only seemed to make his gorgeousness more unbelievable.

"I was getting to you Liam." Harry said rolling his eyes and taking a swing from the beer in his hand. "Sit down Kade, join us."

I smiled and pulled a chair over, sitting in it. "So what's up?" I asked looking at the boy, Liam, as I said this. But he'd returned to strumming his guitar, it's as if he'd never looked up.

"We were just about to head to a party, thought we'd see a quick show first though." He replied.

"A show, what show?"

"It's a poetry reading, tonight these was a bit dry. I didn't really like it." Zoe said, tracing her finger along the top of her drink.

Niall snorted. "The poets here are always dry, Liam should go up there and read his. You up for it laddie?" Niall smirked, pushing Liam with his shoulder. I stared at the boy, he was Irish?

Liam tensed and looked up. "No." He spoke through gritted teeth, then rose to his feet and walked out of the bar, letting the door slam behind him.

Zoe reached over and hit him in the back of the head. "You idiot, now you've got him pissy."

"Aye, get him a girl and he'll be fine." Niall grabbed her drink and took a long drink, then wiped his mouth and stood. "Speaking of girls, I've got to get me one." He smiled and sauntered over to the girl he'd been looking at earlier.

Harry chuckled and shook his head. "Don't mind those three, their idiots." He told me.

I nodded. "So, what's the deal with that Liam guy?" I asked curiously.

The four remaining of the group looked at one another then at me. "Well, Liam's kind of hard to explain. Why are you asking?" Jasmine replied to me, her eyes trained on my face with interest.

"Just curious on why he stormed out." I lied shrugging my shoulder. I was actually curious about him, something about him gave me butterflies in my stomach. I wanted to know this guy and I wanted him to want to know me, I can't explain the feeling it's just there.

"He does that a lot, after a while it just seems routine." Harry looked at his empty bottle. "I bet I can hit the target this time."

Zayn smirked, showing emotion for the first time since I got here. "I'll put fifty on it." He said and got up.

"Deal, and the loser had to buy the winner bears for a month." Harry added shaking hands with Zayn and standing.

Zayn weaved through the crowd of punk kids and through a door that led to what I think is the back of the bar. A minute later he returned with a medium sized target and placed it on the wall near the door he'd just come from. The crowd seemed familiar with what he was doing and moved to the side to make a clear path for him to throw. When the path was clear and the target was in place Zayn gave a thumbs up and took about four long strides backwards.

Harry stood up along with Jasmine. She gripped his shoulders and spun him around several times, when she stopped he stumbled and laughed. "Okay, this ones for Kade!" He slurred, and threw the bottle. It was off - way off and almost hit Zayn who quickly ducked. He turned and scowled at Harry, Harry shrugged and turned away.

His eyes focused on his watch. "Party time, you coming Kade?"

I nodded. "Sure, why not." I replied shrugging and following them out.

The house we walked up too was a grungy ranch style home, beer cans and bottles of liquor were scattered across the lawn. As we came closer to the home, I could hear loud punk music pumping from the speakers inside, I recognize the song; "King for a day" by Pierce The Veil ft. Kellin Quinn. I smile to myself remembering the days I would try to play this for Max, he would scrunch his nose up, telling me the song was disgusting and immoral, the thought annoys me now but I would always laugh at his response to my favorite tune.

As I come back to reality I realize we're now on what I'm assuming is the back patio of the house, it overlooks the woods and a small lake. I spot Liam and curiosity strikes me as he is alone, sitting on a ledge with his elbows on his knees, head in his hands, seemingly irritated by the girls around him trying to get his attention. Some are making out with other girls, some chugging large amounts of tequila and scotch.

With confidence I start to walk over to him, he looks up.