Chapter 7

~~~ Ali's POV ~~~

He dragged the knife along my arm, drawing blood as I screamed and tried to break free of the chair and my restraints.

"Please!" I whimpered.

He snarled and punched me across the face.

I slumped over and coughed up some blood, not even bothering to scream because after three days of this I knew it did no good.

I looked up into the cruel eyes of my tormentor and began to shake and try to break free as I saw him raise the meaner looking knife.

He smiled evilly and plunged it into my stomach - I screamed and screamed.

The pain, the blood, the agony, more pain, more blood, the screaming!

I woke up with a jolt and covered in sweat as I desperately panted to catch my breath.

I whimpered and my hands shook as they scraped my hair out of my face then gripped the covers.

Just a nightmare Ali, just a nightmare, my wolf cooed as she frantically tried to calm me.

I started to cry and I pulled my legs up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them and making myself as small as possible. I suffered from nightmares every night, but it was rare that I dreamt of him and they were the worst.

I gripped myself even tighter as my shaking just got stronger and the tears poured down my cheeks. I knew it would be a while before they stopped and I could breath properly so I just remained where I was and let my emotions run their painful course.

Once I had eventually gotten control over myself and was just left feeling weak and drained, I curled up under my duvet and looked out into the darkness of my room unable to sleep.

I always felt very alone after my nightmares, not telling anyone about them meant I sought no comfort but I kept telling myself it was worth it. If my family had found out how bad they were and had no way to stop it they would feel awful and I didn't want that.

The house was absolutely silent as I lay there, thoughts drifting through my mind until I froze at the sound of a small cry. What was it? I listened closer and heard it again, only this time it was louder as I heard shouts and grunts and the sound of thrashing.

I sat up and continued to listen as it got louder and I gasped as I realised it was coming from the room next door. I knew there was nobody else in the house and I covered my mouth as I suddenly understood what I was hearing.

Black was having a nightmare too.

Biting my lip, I felt an overwhelming urge to go to him, to comfort him and tell him it wasn't real whatever he was dreaming about.

But I squashed that impulse. I knew it would not go down well.

I sighed as I lay back down, resting my head on my hands and drifted off to sleep listening to my mate's shouts and yells.

It took a long time due to the pain it caused in my chest.

My last thought was 'what on earth was Black dreaming about that had him so scared and angry?'

---------------

"Kim! Dean!" I greeted happily as I opened the door and ushered them inside.

I led them through to the living room and smiled as Dean - who looked absolutely exhausted - practically collapsed into one of the arm chairs.

Me and Kim took the sofa opposite and she grinned indulgently at her mate, "Dean here isn't too good with the night feeds," she said and looked at me, "he needs his beauty sleep."