Chapter 9

3 months later

McGee's POV

It is now new years eve and the whole team was over at Ducky's house. Ellie and Jack were sitting on the couch with their three month old along with Abby who was swooning over the baby. Ellie and Abby had grown closer over the past year and Abby had become the crazy aunt that bought everything in sight. Ducky was in the kitchen along with Gibbs and I, preparing dinner. We were going to have steak tips Gibbs style.

Just then Tony walked in the door, late as usual. We all greeted him and I realized this was my moment. "Can I have eveyone's attention please" I said. "Now that you are all here I think it is the apropriate time to do this." Everyone walked into the living room and sat down in the chairs. I was left standing in the middle. "Abby we have only been together for about 2 years but I have been in love with you since the moment I met you 12 years ago. Everyday I wake up to see my beautiful girlfriend next to me and it makes me the happiest man in the world that you are mine. But there is one thing that would make me even happier. Abigal Scuito, will you marry me?" I got down on one knee and pulled out a diamond ring. Abby was speachless. She didn't say anything and for a moment I thought she would say no. Then all of the sudden she sprang up from her seat and before I knew it I was laying on the ground with Abby on top of me. "YES! YES YES YES YES YES!" Abby screamed in my ear. She got up off of me, pulled me into a hug and kissed me. Everyone screamed and congradulated us. Then Ducky's timer went off and he herded us into the dinning room but before I could get into the room Gibbs pulled me aside. "Mcgee I know you and Abby love eachother and I know you would never dream of doing anything to her but if you hurt her, I will kill you." Gibbs told me. "I know sir. If i do anything to hurt her, I will kill myself first. I love her" I responded to him and with that we walked into the dinning room together smiling.