Chapter 8

9 months later

Ellie's POV

We had just came back from the field. There was a dead petty officer in a car crash because he had just broken up with his girlfriend and had gotten drunk. He lost control of the car and drove into a ditch. It looked like DUI, a complete accident but Gibbs wanted to be thorough so he told us to see if he had any enemies, anything that is important but right now I couldn't focus. Ever since we had gotten to the crime scene, I saw the body and peed alittle, I had these really bad cramps and I just couldn't focus. They were getting really bad so I got up to go to the bathroom.

I came back out and Gibbs asked " Hey, You ok?" I could tell he was a little concerned so I didn't lie to him. "Yeah" I said sitting down. "I've just been having these cramps ever since we got to the crime scene and they are getting really bad. But it's no big deal." I turned in my chair but was whipped around by Gibbs. Mcgee, Gibbs and Tony were all standing up smiling. "What?" I asked startled. "You're in labor!!" Tony screamed. Gibbs and Mcgee lifted me up and grabbed my bag. "But wait, It's not due for another 3 weeks!" I was so nervous i started rambling. "You need to call Jack, I need to get to the hospital, I'm not going to make it, how will..." "Ellie calm down" Gibbs said calmly. "Tony called Jack, he's on his way to the hospital, you are going to be fine." He made me take a deep breath and we walked to the elevator. "This is actually happening" was all I could say until I reached the hospital bed.

*At the hospital*

Gibbs' POV

Jack took Ellie into the room and 3 nurses went in with them. I knew we were going to be there for a while so I told Mcgee and Dinozzo to sit down and wait. After a while of looking at the door I got bored so I started to look around. Mcgee had his head in his phone probably texting, or what ever you call it, Abby to tell her about the good news. I can tell somthing is going on between those to but they haven't told me yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they were married and no one knew about it. Honestly, I was extremely happy that Abby found a good man. He's not some creep that could hurt her. No, I approve. Then there is Tony. All he was doing was looking at some picture. I couldn't see who it was but i had a pretty good guess. Ever since he had left Ziva in Israel he has been acting different. Not in an obvious way but you can tell there is something missing. He needs that partner that is just as witty, just as stubborn and just as much of a jokster as he is. Mcgee does a pretty good job but Tony needs Ziva to fill that hole.

I think back to loosing Shannon and Kelly and I realize how similar these two cases are. I didn't know how to move forward without the love of my life and Tony doesn't either. Ziva is Tony's Shannon. I snap out of my day dream when a nurse comes through the door and tells us we can go in. We go into the room and the two Bishop's look extremely tired. Probably how Shannon and I looked when kelly was born. We walk over to Ellie and she is just looking at the baby in her arms. She doesn't say anything right away but eventually she says four words that kill me. "Meet Kelly Rose Bishop."