Dragoscales

It was fairly lonley these days. No one to talk too, no one to see. Everyone had stopped relying on my kind for the protection of middle Earth.

Why?

We were centuries old, older than any other kind. We graced the Earth with our peotection. But one day a arrogant young Dragoscales slipped up and made a mistake.

He had killed an elf.

King Thranduil was the one to grasp the mistake by the reins and feed into the lie. He had hated us from the beggining anyway, but had never dared to stand up to us without one little flaw.

The lie grew like a fire and spread over the land. The entire Middle Earth was in an uproar. Our kind was hunted down and there was war. After long brutal battles oud heads had prices for over a thousand or more. 

Either dead or fleeing, we disappeared slowly.

I had fled the kingdom I grew up in, supposed to rule when I was of age. I feared for my family's life but did not dare to show my face ever again.

I ended up on the very edge of Mirkwood forest, where none would find me. Years passed by in a flash and I was perfectly fine.  But then an eleven hunter spotted me one time and that one time was enough.

Since my race was known as extinct, people of all races came to me and I was ready to defend myself. But they did not come for my death. But theirs.

It shocked me so much that they feared my once flourishing kind. I scared them all wway, not wanting to be the monster they feared in tales and stories. Smaug the Terrible had caused this fear after dedtroying the City of Dale and taking Erebor. They always came back until I fled and moved into Bindbole Forest.

And there I was accepted. A hobbit that went by Belladona became my friend. I eased in with the calm folk of the Shire. The Hobbits accepted me. I still lived in Bindbole forest and rarely went to see the hobbits anymore.

Until thst one day a wizard showed up. Wearing his pointed hat and a twinkle in his grey eyes, he asked me to go on an adventure.

I Princess Emerald Fire, possibly the last Dragoscales ever, an going on an Adventure to help dwarves. Crazy isn't it?

******

So I am doing a little editing on my story and this is the first part I worked on. Hope you enjoyed it! The picture is what I think Emerald looks like.