Chapter 23

----

Chapter 23

~Ella~

*One week Later*

"Do we have everything?" I yelled from the upstairs bedroom.

"Ella," I heard Alyssa say behind me. "We've only been here for a few weeks, there aren't a lot of things to pack."

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I said, stuffing my uncle's knives into my backpack.

"Hurry up," I heard Dominic yell from downstairs. "They're gonna be here, like, any minute!"

"We're coming!" I yelled, throwing my backpack over my shoulder. "Men," I said under my breath.

"Hey," Alyssa said, slapping my shoulder. "That's my boyfriend!"

"Doesn't make him any less annoying," I said, walking downstairs.

"I heard that!" Dominic said, crossing his arms.

I laughed as I threw my backpack to him and Alyssa did the same.

"Men carry the bags," I said, sticking out my tongue at him.

He scowled at me mockingly. I heard Ricky and Jake laugh, but Lizzie quickly looked at them.

"That means all the men," Lizzie said, throwing her backpack at Ricky and Jake.

That got them to stop laughing, which made us girls laugh.

"Do you know how they're getting here?" I asked, turning to face Jake.

He shrugged.

"I don't know, the radio signal wasn't really that strong, remember?" he said, as Dominic moved so he could look out the window.

"Yeah. Well then, how-"

"I think I know," Dominic said, pointing to the window.

I opened the door so we could all see what he was talking about.

Damn.

Up in the sky was a large military-looking airplane, getting ready to land right in front of us.

"Bet you can't pilot that," Jake joked, looking over at Dominic.

"I can pilot anything," he responded, sending over a wide smirk.

It was nice to have them finally talking without yelling. I was glad Alyssa had locked them in the basement the other day. When you can't get people to talk, trick them into going into a place that you can lock. And has no windows. It works.

The plane landed and we all watched in awe as the door slid down and a group of men came out of it. They were all wearing military uniforms, except for the guy in the middle, who was wearing a lab coat. He had a creepy smile on his face as he approached us.

"It's nice to meet you," he said, shaking all of our hands frantically.

This guy creeps me out.

"I'm Dr. Storm, I was the guy one of you guys talked to over the radio. Who was that?" he said, his eyes wandering ours.

"Me," Jake said, stepping up.

"Oh, yes. Now, you said that someone was injured. We have a medical group in the airplane. Where is he?"

No one said anything at first.

"Um," I said, getting his attention. He turned and faced me. "Yeah, he's-"

"Here," said a voice from behind me.