Chapter Three

Six o'clock came faster than I thought it would. Brycie told me that our other company will be coming over at 6:15, which I didn't care, but I was curious on who was coming over, but I didn't ask. As soon as it turned 6, there was a knock on the door. Alan answered it and I heard my best friend squeal, "No way. Is my friend seriously staying with THE Alan Powell?!"

Alan chuckled, "I am actually surprised that no lightbulbs found out that I live here." I walked up behind Alan.

I whispered, "Alan, this is Beth, and Beth, I guess you already know who Alan is. But can I ask one question. How?"

Just as she was about to answer, Alan interrupted, "You have to wait until later, for when my other guests arrive." He looked at his watch then added, "They will be here in about fifteen minutes." Alan opened the door wider for Beth to come in and I brought her to my room.

Beth gasped, "When did you move in? Two months ago? Why didn't you tell me?"

"No, I moved in about three hours ago. The only reason why its all packed already is because Alan said I had to have all of my stuff unpacked if I wanted to have you over so yeah." I looked down, just waiting for when she would notice--

"Ooh my Gosh, dude! are you anorexic? Why did you do that to yourself?" she then noticed my cuts. Some were turning into scars while others were just scobbing up. "You...cut yourself too?"

I glanced up at her then glided my eyes back to the ground. "I'm going to change. I have to."

"Dude, you had better. Alan and Brycie have two little girls. They do NOT need to deal with trying to keep them from hurting themselves too."

I looked up at her, "How do you know Brycie and the girls?"

"It doesn't matter right now. Let's just go see if Brycie wants help with dinner. Ok?" I nodded. We walked down the stairs and went to the kitchen.

"Do you want any help with dinner?" I asked.

Brycie smiled, "Well, I have a hungry group to feed in about ten minutes and I still need a salad to be made to go with the lasagna." We laughed.

Beth asked, "So what do you want in the salad?" Beth was already at the fridge, ready to grab food out of it. I chuckled, that's Beth for you, always wanting to cook.

"Uh, you choose. I have no idea on what to do for the boys, and you seem to be a cook." She smiled.

"Ok, Lyn, can you come over here to cut the carrots?"

I shook my head, "No." Beth and Brycie looked at me mentally askingme to explain, and all I did was lift up my arm with the back part showing where my cuts were. "No need to tempt myself."

Beth nodded in understanding. "Ok, then can you grab the plates and stuff and set the table then get the salad dressing then put that onto the table too?" I nodded. Then started to get the stuff out and went to the table. 

"Uh, how many people are coming over?"

Brycie answered, "There will be you, Beth, Alan, the girls, three of Alan's co-workers, and I."

"Ok," I said as I grabbed nine plates, forks, and cups out. 

As soon as we were done with setting the table, the door opened. "Well, come on in!" Alan said sarcasticly then laughed. Beth let out a small squeal. 

I looked at her like she had two heads, "Really?"

"Oh my Gosh. Oh my Gosh. Oh my Gosh!" She looked like she was ready to burst any second now.

The four guys chuckled. The shortest one of the group asked Alan, "Lightbiulb?" Alan chuckled and nodded.

"The one that is freaking out is Beth, and the one next to her is Lyn." Alan introduced. I sub-consciously wrapped my arms around me to hide my skinniness and my cuts.