Chapter Two

I heard a knock on the front door. Before my dad could answer it, I charged out of my room, down the hall and to the door. I opened the dorr to see Alan and a blonde wonan, which I figured was his wife.

I quickly pulled my sleeed down, hoping that he didn't see them. When I looked up, I knew that he noticed right away. He gave me a look saying that he'd talk to me later. "Lyn, this is my wife, Brycie."

"Hi," I whispered as I opened the door for them to come in. "Uh, well, my room is back here." I started to walk to my room. "It's mostly packed up.

"Ok," Alan said, "Well, I can start putting stuff in the car as you two get the rest packed?"

I nodded. As hw grabbed a few boxes and loft the room, Brycie and I stood there in awkward silence until she spoke, "I hope you will enjoy living with us. I'm sorry 'bout your dad." I shrugged. I was used to his actions.

"Thanks for allowing me to live with you guys. Especially since I am as bad as I am."

"What do you mean?" I lifted up my sleeve and showed her my cuts. She gasped. "Why?" she paused before saying in a motherly, "You can't do that at my house." She hugged me and whispered, "God is with you."

I bit my lip to stop myself from scoffing at her, because she DID allow me to stay at her house. "Uh, thanks. I guess." She let me go.

"Well, we should get the last bit of packing done." Since I had only a little bit of packing to do, which was only my bedding, a few clothes and my pictures, we got all of the packing done and in the car in half an hour. There wasn't any room for me in the car. 

"I can walk to your...er I mean the house," I said.

"No." was all Alan commented.

"But--"

"No but's." Alan ordered. He stuck his arm out.

"But--"

"I said no but's." he said more stern. This was going to be way different than what I was used to. "I am not going to let you be cutting yourself in my house, missy."

"I'm not going to be in your house though!"

"That is enough, Lyn. You are not allowed to cut yourself anymore. It doesn't get you anywhere. Now give me the blade."

I frowned and sighed, but gave him my blade. "Thank you." I looked at the ground and glared. I wanted to glare at him, but I didn't want to give them the idea that I am a spoiled brat.

I started to their--er, I mean THE house--and walked to the house. Once I got there, which was just in a few minutes, I knocked on the door and Alan opened the door. "Hey, I'm going to leave soon to go pick up my oldest daughter from a 'playdate,'" he chuckled to himself. 

"I'm guessing she is about two or three?" I asked as I pointed to a picture. (worst moment ever. I dont know how old she is -_- I know--worst lightbulb ever :$)

He nodded. "She is turning three soon."

I nodded, "Cool. So, where is the room I'm going to be in?" 

"Last door on the right upstairs."

I just remembered, "Oh shoot! I have to go to my friend, Beth's. If that is ok that is." I looked down. 

Alan chuckled, "How about you have her come over for dinner. AFTER you finish unpacking. We are having some people over anyway, so what is one more person?"

I looked at him, "Really?!" I jumped up and down like a kid in a candy store. Without thinking, I gave him a hug, which is weird since I never hug people, especially guys that I don't know. I quickly stepped back, and he looked like he was trting to keep himself from laughing. I looked down and just started to walk away awkwardly. 

I got to my new room and saw that all of my boxes were in my room already. I just needed to unpack. I opened one of the small bins that I had packed before they arrived at my old house. I opened it and in it held all of my cutting utensils that I didn't tell anyone about. I ran down the hall and stairs, looking for Alan to find him in the kitchen with Brycie talking about something. I barged in and whispered, "Sorry for interrupting, but," I thrust the small bin out towards Alan and added, "I think that this is a good reason for me to interrupt." He looked down as he slowly reached out his hands to take the bin. "I've decided that I am going to fix my...disorders."

He rose his eyebrows, "What do you mean by 'disorders'? Does that mean there is something else that you are doing that you shouldn't be?" I looked down, not answering. He waited a moment before asking "Well?" I slowly nodded and slowly backed away as I tugged on the rim of my hoodie, which was way too big for me. "Does this have anythiing to do with you cutting?" I shook my head, then walked toward the door, but Alan grabbed my arm gently yet firmly. "Lyn, what are you hiding for me." 

I mumbled barely audible, "Can I show you in a bit?"

He sighed, "Fine, but I want to see as soon as you are done doing whatever you are going to do now." I nodded in agreement as I walked out of the room and went to my room. I got all of my clothes unpacked and my other stuff. I went to the bathroom and changed into my gray sweats and I got on a shirt that wouldn't fit a normal eighteen year old girl. 

I shuffled back to the kitchen to see that Alan and Byrcie were still talking. I wrapped my arns around myself self-consciously. Both pairs of eyes widen at the sight of my anorexic body. As I was looking down I promised, "I will eat more and get better. I promise." He nodded, and I saw that Brycie was still working on something for me to eat. I looked down. "I have to admit that I am surprised that you didn't notice, considering that you had hugged me, or the other way around, twice." 

"I...I didn't notice...because...uh I don't know." I shrugged. I am so used to hiding things that I have been able to hide it from Beth and that is saying something. 

"I finished unpacking. Is it ok if I call Beth now?" He nodded, giving me permission to use the landline. I dialled her number and after the first ring, she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Beth. It's Lyn. Ok, so I won't be on the phone forever explaining to you why I am inviting you to someone else's house other than mine. Well, my OLD one, and I should say that I am inviting you over." I chuckled softly.

"Come on dude, spit it out." 

"My dad kicked me out and I am now living with a family a few houses away from mine. Its the only tan one. So come over for dinner at..." I looked at Brycie and she lifted up six fingers, "At six. Ok?"

There was a pause. I knew she was about to yell, but instead she whispered, "Ok."

(Well, my fellow readers, that is the conclusion of the second chappie. and I promise that it will get better next chappie ^_^. 

***********SPOILER ALERT***********

You all will be introduced to the rest of the band soon. May or may not be next chapter ;)

************END OF SPOILERS**************

Ok, I'm out.

Goodbye fellow lightbulb readers cx

~Nicole