XXVIII

- present;

(eunji's pov)

I decided to sleep at Yuri's for a few nights after what happened between with Chanyeol and I. Everything is still fresh in my mind, it keeps on repeating like a broken dvd. I could bare it for most of the time, but what I couldn't bare was every word Yoongi has written in his letter.

"Yah! Lee Eunji!" Yuri throws a pillow into me which landed to my face, making me snap out of my thoughts. "Do your parents know the engagement is over?"

I sighed and laid my back into the couch. "Yes, and they're beyond devastated."

"Of course, I would be too. Chanyeol's the perfect man." She says while she keeps on making the final touches for her wedding souvenirs.

"You're not helping." I rolled my eyes and straightened my back. "What should I do? I feel like my life's falling apart."

Just after I have finished talking, a girl with blonde hair appears from the door, holding a box of cake in her hands. She pouted as her eyes starts to swell, looking like they might burst into tears soon.

"Unnie, i'm sorry." Mina runs to the couch and places the cake on the table before hugging me tightly, her tears falling into my hair.

"Aw, Mina. I'm so sorry too. I have been so selfish." I hug her back, tears starting to form on the corner of my eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Awww, look at you children." Yuri decides to say, making Mina and I snap out of our emotional stance.

"I'm not a kid!" Mina and I both say at the same time, and we all just laugh it out.

"Unnie... have you seen the news?" Mina suddenly says, her tone much more gloomy. I looked at Yuri, while Yuri couldn't help but look away from me.

That damn Min Yoongi.

Why would he post something like that on the internet? Just so I could forgive him? What is he trying to prove? I thought he couldn't even tell his manager that I was a friend but a fan, and he would ever so carelessly post something like that?

What is wrong with him?!

"It's about the audio file, isn't it?" I asked, deeply sighing as I pulled away from Mina.

She shakes her head. "It's way worse than that, unnie."

"What do you mean?" I wrinkled my forehead, eager for an answer from Mina. But it was Yuri who decided to talk instead.

"There were interviews, it's all over the internet. Their fans were mad about the file that they held a press conference." She flatly says while putting more gem stones in the individual shiny glasses.

"Oh my god." is all I managed to get out from my mouth.

"It's been a couple of days so the issue died down a little..." Mina adds while shrugging.

"Why would he do that?" I asked myself but it was loud enough for both of them to hear me.

"Are you dumb?" Yuri hisses, rolling her eyes at me. "It's because he loves you, idiot. That was your issue with him. You think he's ashamed of you, so he did this. He told everyone he already loves someone."

"And that's you, unnie." Mina continues. "I knew it was your voice the moment I heard your first word. But I thought of Chanyeol-oppa as well."

I shift uncomfortably, standing up from my seat. "Why does everything have to be so complicated?"

"It doesn't have to be complicated." Yuri answers, making me plop back down into the couch. "You just have to choose. Choose the person you want to be with on my wedding next week."

They both looked at me at the same time, until Mina asked the question I was dreading to hear. "Who will it be, unnie?"

Who will it be?

Who do you love, Eunji?

Is it someone you'v shared a perfect life with over the past few years? The one who's always there and has never left you alone? The one who wanted to share the rest of his life with you?

Or is someone you've loved ever since the beginning, that even through dark times, you managed to see the good in him? Is it him who's trying to prove you he loves you now? Is it him?

I shake my head in frustration, covering my face with the both of my palms.

I can't do this.

"Choose the one you want to be with forever." Mina whispers as she scoots closer to me, hugging me softly like a baby.

I took a deep breath and gathered all of my courage. I have to choose, this is the only way. This is the only way we can ever find peace, all three of us.

He's the one I love.

I love him, too.

But I love him more.

I pulled away from Mina and stood up once more from the couch, taking my car keys as I hurriedly walk to the front door to put my shoes on.

I have to see him.

I need to see him.

I need to talk to him.

"Where are you going?" They both asked, worried faces looking up at me as I finished strapping my shoes on.

I exhaled one last time as I prepare myself, because I knew what i'm going to do now. I'm ready to move on, and i'm ready to finish this dilemma once and for all.

Because I have made up my mind.

"I'll be at Chanyeol's."

*

Hellooo,

So, i'm happy to announce that the next chapter will be the finale! It has been fun writing this book, and I can't wait to end it! It might end, but it was the feeling of getting into the story that counts. Again, I'd like to thank everyone who has been patient with me over the past few weeks for being inactive. I'll try to make the ending a great one as much as I could. :)

Thankful,
-J