Chapter 9: arrival

Emmalyn p.o.v

I was escorted home and I packed my bags. Ava packed her bags as well and we were loaded into a SUV. Ava and I were in the back, alex and cole were in the middle, and Altaïr and Xander were in the front seats.

The ride was long and silent. That is until cole began speaking. It was normally him who broke the silence if there ever was any.

"Mama will Maddy and jade be alright? Bronson too?"

Maddy and jade are other alpha children. Maddy is the fear pack child but her personality would make you think she belongs in the intelligence pack. Jade is the power pack alpha child but her personality makes you think she would be with the loyalty pack. Cole is obviously the warrior pack alpha but his personality dosent really fit into one pack. Then Bronson, he is the prison pack alpha child. His mother is unknown but his personality would make you think of a gentle giant. Cole is 4, Maddy is 4, jade is 3 and a half, and Bronson is 5.

News has it that Demitri has had another kid. No one knows for sure but some think it's a male child. I feel bad for demitri's mate.

"Yes honey they will all be fine. They are Alpha's children, just like you."

Alex says as she strokes cole's dirty blonde hair. I smile and lean my head against the window. I shut my eyes and let sleep take me.

When I woke up again we were driving through a large city. This has to be the intelligence or loyalty pack. No other packs are mostly city.

"We're in the loyalty pack. We're almost to alpha Griffen's house."

Ava whispers to me and I nod. I take this given time of silence to think. If someone told me I would be on my way to the loyalty pack a week ago I would have scoffed and walked off. What if someone told me a pandemic would break out and it would threaten all werewolf kind? I would laugh them off and see how much it would be to admit them to an asylum. But now, now it is all real. There is a pandemic. I am on my way to the loyalty pack.

"We're here, Alpha Griffen's."

Altaïr said and I looked through the window. A large white house with 4 stories and large windows is what I face. There are columns of white pillers outside the front door. The grass is kept nicely except for the fact that there are over 100 cars and trucks parked on it.

"Looks like alpha Mark beat us here."

Xander said and we all began getting out of the car. Ava kept her gas mask on but for some reason I didn't need one. I know I'm not of alpha blood.

Once we were all out Altaïr went up and knocked on the door. Soon after the door was open and a man with brown hair and brown eyes stood before us. His eyes snapped to Ava who stood next to me.

Ava tensed and she looked at the man as well. Then they both spoke at the same time.

"Mate."

They both said and the man charged at Ava. He wrapped his arms around  her and held her close to his body. One arm was around her pack and his other hand held her head to his chest. 

"James who is it?!"

I hear a man yell and foot steps soon follow after his voice. The man who is Ava's mate is James. I see a man with greying hair and piercing blue eyes just like mine. He looks over at me and we both smell the air.

His scent is familiar but where have I met him before? His face is familiar to me but from where have I seen him? His voice brings comfort to me but why?

"Wyatt shut the dang door! The air conditioning is on!"

I hear another man yell. So the man I'm looking at must be Wyatt. Wyatt.  Wyatt? Why does that name ring so much of a bell in my mind?

"Quick come inside."

The man now known as Wyatt tells us. We all walk inside and I'm met with a large living room. The living room is in open concept with the kitchen and dining room.

Sitting in the living room is alpha Griffen, a lady with long brown hair, a man with short brown hair and no alpha mark.

"James!"

Wyatt yells back outside as he walks outside. A few moments later he is dragging in Ava's mate by his ear.

"Ow! Ow! Pain! Ouch."

James says as he is lead into the house. Ava follows after James as he is tossed into the living room.

"Alpha Altaïr, and you are?"

Altaïr asked as he held out his hand for Wyatt to shake. Wyatt grabs and shake Altaïr's hand and they both look into one another's eyes.

"Alpha Wyatt of the United Packs. And you have something that I want."

Wyatt said and I imeaditly looked to the ground. The United packs are on the compleat other side of the realm!

"What would that be?"

Cole asked and I looked up a little. Wyatt was crouching down next to cole with a smile on his face.

"That lady, right there."

He said as he pointed to me. My head shot up and I looked at him wide eyed.

"Who? Emma? What is she to you?"

Cole asked and Wyatt smiled even wider. My eyes were wide and confusion was evident on my face.

"Why she is my daughter."