Chapter 11 Alex.

ALEX'S POINT OF VIEW.

I was running, pushing myself faster than I'd ever pushed before. I had to. He was mental, unhinged. He was dangerous. He was going to kill them both. I couldn't let it happen. I drove myself forwards, faster. I needed to be faster. How had it come to this? I thought back to the day it had all happened. The day that changed everything...

I was angry with her. What kind of a mother just springs that on their child. No warning. She had just told me we were moving. Not too far, we were staying in town, but far enough that I would have to leave my school, my friends. I needed some space. I entered the pet shop, intending to buy some cat treats for Jesse. That was when I saw him, well, his dark blonde hair to be exact. He was being held up by some old dear showing him pictures of her cats. At the time I felt sorry for they guy, of course now I realise he could've made her leave if he wanted to. He was probably just waiting to steal her purse or something. I decided to play hero and go save the poor guy, I interrupted the old lady and asked for some help looking for cat food. He smiled. I told him I didn't really need any, I just wanted to help. This made him laugh. He asked me if I went to his school, I told him I was moving there. He liked that. I asked him if there were any pretty girls there, he told me there were. We talked for a while; he told me it was his lunch break. Asked if I wanted to hang out. I said yes. That must've been when he got to me. Made me think I could read minds. Made me his little bitch. I couldn't read minds of course, but he could. All he had to do was read someone's mind and plant their thoughts into my head. Voila, it was like I was reading their minds. So quick...

I'd walked outta there only a hot second later, all thoughts of hanging out gone. Replaced by my new found ability, the one I'd had for as long as I could remember as far as I knew. Of course the strain of his control took its toll. In fact sometimes I had the feeling something was wrong but just couldn't place what, other times I was almost completely free from his influence. It had happened once, right there on her doorstep. I was so close. So near to spilling everything, but he took hold again. Only once did he take complete control. One lunch time, I detangled myself completely from him, I tried to find her. I really did. He found me first. I yelled. I swore. I called him every name under the freakin' sun. He laughed, and then I was a prisoner in my own head. I screamed, begged for someone to help. Nobody did. She noticed. She even asked me about it, but by then he'd gotten to me again. I had no idea what the hell she was talking about. Then he got jealous. He knew he wasn't controlling my every move and he wouldn't control her. I was myself around her most of the time, myself plus added psychic ability, and we got on. He didn't like us spending time together, even though that was what he intended. He roped some poor librarian assistant, Ash or something, into having a staged conversation with me in the library. The guy wouldn't even remember what'd happened. He was just about finished with me anyway. Not sure what he was planning to do with me, I'm not even sure it's in his power to modify someone's memory that thoroughly. Still, he'd probably have given my mind a little spring clean, and if that didn't work...who knows. He was ready to move in. That's when he lost it. The moment he took his eye off me. He hadn't even noticed. Not yet anyway. He knew what he was doing would be difficult, but now, now the cracks were starting to show. Now I remembered. Now I was free from him. I was building a resistance. Each time he was forced to control me it was a little weaker. A little less effective. A little easier to fight. I hung onto this and propelled myself further. He was not going to hurt them. I wasn't letting that happen. Not without a fight. A grim smile spread across my face. At least I'd get some twisted version of justice if I could get in a swing or two before we left.

My breathing was getting heavier, and a stitch was forming in my side. I urged myself on, ignoring the stabbing pains shooting up my leg. What kind of guy has to stop for a stupid stitch? It was not going to make me weak. Not now. I sped up, as if to show my body who was boss in case it dared to show any other signs of over-exertion. Nearly there now...

Ambers street was in sight, I was only thankful he'd made me meet him at the end of her street once to check in. Of course at the time I was out of it, but I still had a vague recollection. I'd seen him exit from a red door. Red door. I scanned the houses, searching for a splodge of crimson. Nothing yet. I grudgingly stopped on the corner of the street, wiping sweat from my head, and brushing my hair from my eyes, craning my neck in search for the right house. There.

I was running before giving my body conscious decision to do so. Nearly there, just a little farther. Just run in, and get them out. Get her out. That was the extent of my plan so far. I hadn't had a whole lot of time to think and I'm not particularly awesome at this whole hero act. Still, he was weak, weak enough that I could overpower him. I was prepared for whatever voodoo, or whatever it is he can do, he would throw my way. After that things got a little sketchy. Police would be a good start, but God knows how long it takes him to regain his strength, and having him control an officer of the law complete with weapons is not something I'd like to go up against. Maybe a few police officers might have more of a chance. He couldn't control all of them. Then again, one might be enough. If he hadn't done anything too serious they might not even send more then one anyway. I prayed he hadn't done anything that would warrant more than one police officer...yet. No. I'd figure something out later, hopefully. For now I just needed to get them out. She was strong, but he was stronger. She was unprepared and Amber was completely in the dark about everything s'far as I knew. In other words they were sitting ducks, and he'd just called hunting season.

I reached the house, sprinting up the path, much to the annoyance of some old guy prancing around in his garden. I think he shouted something at me, I didn't hear. I reached the door at frightening speeds, and slammed down the handle without slowing. I collided with it head on, a dull thud echoed through the house. Locked. Crap...

Hey! So sorry about the wait. Stupid exams ruin everything! I have really wanted to do a chapter in Alex's POV for aaaages so here. I hope you like. Don't worry I will explain what is going on in th'next chapter. Also sorry if it's a little short, I'll work on the next one straight away. :)

Thank you for reading and keeping up with the story even if it takes forever to upload ;D

Cheers! :)