Chapter 16~ Racing, Video Games and Water Fights

Hey guys. Just wanted to thank you for being such amazing fans. I really appreciate it. And I'm excited to tell you that I am working on another chapter for Rescue Me....anyway until I upload that chapter read this one? Thanks. :) And don't forget to comment and vote to support this story in the Watty Awards! Thanks guys!!

Chapter 16~ Racing, Video Games and Water Fights

The drive back to the house was....awkward. And tense. I was sitting in the passenger seat next to Riley who was driving. Blaze, Austin and Dylan were sitting behind us.

"So who exactly came up with that one move?" Austin asked.

I smiled and shook my head.

"You did huh?" He asked.

I shook my head again, trying to hide my blush.

"No." I mumbled.

"Liar!" Dylan and Austin yelled.

I giggled.

"Okay, okay you're right!"

They all three high fived in the back. I shook my head and looked over at Riley. He was clutching the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white. I sighed and rolled my eyes. By the time we pulled into the driveway my blood was boiling and I was pretty ticked off at Riley. Why the heck should he be mad at me when he was talking to his ex? I knew exactly why he as pissed off. It's because Blaze was talking to me when I was taking my shower. He probably thinks we did something. When Riley put the car in park I turned around and blew up at him.

"Look. I don't know why you're so pissed off but if it's because you saw Blaze and I walking out of the bathroom that's because he had to talk to me. He was making sure I was okay after I saw you and Chevy talking. So before you go assuming stuff, maybe you should've talked to one of us about it." I said and jumped out of the car, slamming the door.

"Great man. Now look what you've done." Austin whispered, thinking I couldn't hear him.

I stomped into the house and ran up the stairs, straight into my room. I locked the door and plopped on the bed. Guys are such....ughs! I sighed when there was a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I mumbled.

"It's me." Riley's voice whispered.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked rudely.

Suddenly the door swung open.

"How the hell did you get-"

"Why did you yell at me like that?" He interrupted.

I stared at him.

"I was just telling the truth you jerk. Blaze was checking on me to make sure you hadn't crushed my feelings when I saw you flirting with your ex-girlfriend." I spit out.

He sighed and slid to the floor with his back against the wall.

"I'm sorry Lily." He whispered.

I looked at my hands in my lap.

"I'm also mad because you're keeping secrets from me. You never told me you were part of the Pirates." I added.

He stared at me.

"That was before I became a racer. Before...."

"I know." I interrupted.

"That doesn't mean you should keep secrets." I said.

He stared at me.

"Well what about you? You didn't tell me you were part of a National Championship step team either! Or the fact that you parents treat you horribly." He retaliated.