Chapter 17

I was so nervous “My dad isn’t going to say anything bad” Zayn soothed. He had decided to take me on the dinner where he came out.

“I’m not sure about this” I said. He sighed and stood up, buttoning the last few buttons of my shirt and handing me a blazer. I looked in the mirror, I had on white jeans, black and white high tops.

“Lets go” Zayn said entwining our fingers.

We walked to the car. "I DON'T WANT TO MEET YOUR DAD!" I panicked "Not before you tell him!" I said.

"Oh come on baby, it'll be fine!" he said getting in the car."

I silently climb into the car wishing Zayn would just let me stay home.

I was basically shaking...he said his dad left, well his mum anyway.

I felt a hand on top off mine. "Stop worrying" His melodic voice whispered.

I leaned into him, my head against his shoulder as one of his hand played with the hair at the back of my neck.

"Zayn, what if he hates me?" I whispered

"He can't, your irish charm remember" he chuckled using my joke.

"After this we can go straight home and just watch a movie and eat junk food and..." He cut me off with a kiss.

"Anything you want, ok baby?" He whispered

"Eyes on the road idiot" i chuckled kissing his cheek as he turned back "I love you" I whispered

"I love you too" He whispered

"Are you sure...that the best way to tell your dad you are gay is by making him eat with your boyfriend?" I asked

"Hey, after tonight I don't have to see him for another three months, it'll be fine Nialler" The car stopped, we were outside a restaurant.

"ZAYN! NO! I can't!" I panicked. "Zayn..." He grabbed me and pulled me to his chest.

"If you really don't want to, I'll get Harry to pick you up" He whispered into my hair.

"i..." I was so tempted to agree, but I couldn't abandon him, with his dad. "Yes...I mean, No" I whispered

"I'm calling him then?" He asked, lost at what I meant

"No, I'm staying" I said softly

"Thanks Niall" He smiled, I wasn't looking, but I knew he was smiling.

We climbed out of the car. His arm went loosely around my shoulder. Mine linked tightly around his torso and I buried my face into his side.

He brought his other arm around me tightly. "It'll be fine, I love you" He replied pressing his lips to my forehead.

We reached the poduim, recieving a small smile from the man there.

"Reservation for three under Malik" Zayn said politely.

"Right this way sirs" He said and began walking with three menus in hand.

As we walked Zayn's phone vibrated and he released one hand, and grabbed it. "Hello?...HAz, why? What coul...Loui...I do...CAN I SPEAK?...Fine" He said frustrated "For you" He said handing it to me, I released my grip and took it with a smile.

"Hello?" I said happily, fake happiness to hide I was freaking out.

"Meeting the parents? Ok so..." Louis began "Eye contact, act confident..."

"Bye Louis" Hangs up with an eye roll. "Idiot" I watch Zayn chuckle at me as we reached the table.

We sat there, waiting for what felt like an eternity before he walked in...eyes on us confused.

"Hi dad" Zayn said uneasy from the look on his face.

"Son, I thought you were bringing your girlfriend?" He said watching me closely.

"No...I said my partner, dad...this is my boyfriend Niall!" he said slowly. A look of dissapointment went over his face.

"You are gay...?" Zayn nodded at these words. "Welll...I must be going" His father said quickly, he hadn't even ordered as he rushed out.

"Ohh...?" I said looking round awkwardly.

"Don't even bother baby..lets just eat!" Zayn said calling over a waiter "Can we be moved to a table set for two please?" He asked and the waiter nodded and escorted us to a new table.

"So.,..your dad hates me?" I said opening my menu

"Don't worry Niall, it'll be fine!" He said with a smile not looking up from his menu.

Little did either of us know, we'd mnever be fine again...