Chemical Attraction Chapter 22

^^^ For those who haven't yet seen it, check out the book that is currently rocking the what's hot list, called Persuade Me by the totally awesome author eflagella!!! I can promise you that it's an entertaining read that you'll really enjoy so go check it out!! :D Haha!!

So here's the next chapter. It ended earlier than I had anticipated as I have buckets of homework left to do and I thought you guys would appreciate something anyway :) So sorry about the length *cries* I hope you guys still like it anyway, so if you do, please vote, comment and fan!

Recap:

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Stacey get up with her tray and head towards the bins. Panicking slightly, I pulled my hand away from his and stood up. “Look, I can’t talk now, Alex. I’ve got to go.”

“It’s cool, I get it,” said Alex, his voice low and harsh. “Come find me when you think I’m worth your time.”

I could feel the hurt radiating off him, and felt torn.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered. “I’ll talk to you later. I promise.”

He didn’t respond so after a slight hesitation, I hurried after Stacey, catching up to her just as she dumped her leftover food in the bin. At the sight of me, her face lit up into a malicious smile.

“Well, look who it is!” she crooned. “It’s the trash, right where it belongs!”

Chapter 22

Anger flared up in me, hot and bitter, and it took all my self-control not to lash out with aggression. My fists were clenched so hard that I could feel my nails digging into the flesh of my palm.

I wasted no time replying to her insult.

“How?” I demanded fiercely. “How did you know about my family?”

Stacey’s lips curled up into a smirk and raised her eyebrows slightly.

“I have my sources,” she said, taunting me with her evasiveness.

I stepped right up close to her face, my eyes boring into her, and was grimly pleased to see her flinch away.

“Who?” I clenched my teeth as I spoke, desperate to understand. “Did Jo-Jo tell you?” The words slipped out before I could hold them back.

A look of genuine surprise crossed Stacey’s face, before being quickly replaced by a sneer.

“Who’s that? Your little ginger friend?” She laughed derisively. “She’s not worth my time!”

Her mocking words may have caused me to snap anyway, but coupled with the shame as I remembered the tears in Jo-Jo’s eyes as I falsely accused her, my self-control splintered. Fearless with rage, I brought back my hand and slapped her face as hard as I could, the cracking sound resonating through the canteen. In my peripheral vision, I could see heads starting to swivel round towards us.

Stacey’s gasp was barely audible, and her hand trembled as she raised it to touch her cheek, wincing with pain. Her eyes were watering with unshed tears as they narrowed into slits.

“You little b*tch!” she hissed, and lunged at me with a clawed hand.

Excruciating pain lanced through me as I felt her pointed nails puncture my cheek, tearing into my skin and I gasped in shock. Blood dribbled onto my lip and into my mouth, unpleasantly metallic. Losing my temper completely, I rushed at her, pushing her down onto the floor. Shrieking loudly, Stacey grabbed me as she fell and I collapsed on top of her, winded and dizzy from the sharp pain that shot through my ankle.