Chapter 7

She hadn't been totally out of it yesterday. She had been conscious, almost the whole time, but she have had no clue really, or was it as simple as, she was just afraid to believe she had actually heard them call each other by name, maybe she had dreamt everything. Well, when the stitching of her knife wound began, she had finally passed out from the pain.

She couldn't help but smile at him. As lovely as she had found his smile before as lovely it was today.

Heyes glowed inside.

By the smile and the look she gave him, he knew that she still remembered. That was good he thought !

"Chyenne " he said with a soft touch to it, then he started to look concern, giving her a stern look, "How ? Well how did this happen ?" he sighed as he said the words.

Kid looked at them both, sensing something happen. His partner looked considerable far away as it was, and Chyenne's eyes was to drown in.

"Who have done this to you ?"

Heyes never turned away, kept his eyes locked at hers.

Kid stood up, thinking to leave them alone for a while, but before he left he gave her a unsure smile.

"We found you back in them woods yesterday, almost beaten to death and stabbed, "he took a short breath, "I personally, would like to know who have done this to you "

That got him a small smile back, but a brief one.

"I don't know, " she lied whispering," and I don't care, because I killed him !"

Kid and Heyes exchanged looks across the bed.

"Killed ?" Kid said worried.

"Yeah..." Chyenne sighed, "as in dead " Her head hurted, all these questions made her fatigued.

"How ? " Heyes had to cut in, seeing his partners look, a too familiar one. That was one of Kid's weakest spots, women in distress, trouble, pain or whatever you could think of, he needed to help out, it was his nature, it was Kid.

"I stabbed him..." she instinctively felt her hip, there were bandages there too, " with his knife !"

Heyes brow shot up.

"HIS knife ?" Kid decided to stay a little while longer.

Chyenne closed her eyes. She felt woozy. Had she said too much ? Was she guilty of anything ? Stupid question. Off course she was...she had killed a man !

She opened them again, and looked from one to the other. Gosh, they were both so handsome...but there was something in Heyes' eyes that still made her inside all warm, all tingly. Even that strange ache she had felt for him, had come back. She smiled a little as the memories of him kissing her popped back up in her head.

With a little snort she had to chase those thoughts away, ridiculous to even have them...she probably looked like a disaster now anyway.

"Yes, his knife. The one he stuck in my hip " she squinted at them," but I gave it back to him..."

"Oh!" the corner of Heyes' lips twitched as he brushed his bangs out of his eyes, " that was considerate of you "

Kid had to bite his lower lip, Chyenne had humour, maybe a sick sence of humour but, even almost beaten to death, she could make jokes about all of this.

She had to giggle softly at that remark from Heyes. Then she saw both of them grinning back at her.

"I guess it was. . .wasn't it? " she said with a thin voice. She smiled back at them as much the hurting allowed.