chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

we sat side by side for a minute before he said "you deserve to know the truth."

"so tell me then!" i murmured

"they would kill me though. all of them."

"we don't have to tell them that i know." i said, trying to sound like jas when she wanted something.

"fine! but promise you wont tell anyone!" he said.

"i promise."

"i was in his place two years ago." he told me, "well not excactly the same. you see, she knew that it was me that knocked her up."

"but he- it was him!?"

"yes jasmine, it was him. the real story goes like this. when jason picked you up you fainted and one of the guys started to stir. apparently he ran out of there and into another dark alley. that's when you woke up and started making out with him for some reason. so he said that he got a bit carried away and ended up taking off your shirt. by then you had come to your senses and told him to stop but he didn't listen. so actually he could be your babies father. not long after that the three guys found you two and... joined in so to speak."

by now i was crying so hard that i could barely see straight.

the tears ran dry quickly though.

"so he raped me and then acted like a hero that's come to save the day?" i asked him.

"actually that's the thing." he said softly "he sort of fell in love with you along the way. look, i'm really sorry. i don't have a clue what i'd do if i was in your position, i really don't."

"he acted like it was the worst thing in the world not long ago!"

"jasmine," he said, "i was sixteen when i got my girfriend pregnant. she then started ignoring me and avoiding me. i got so angry at her that one day i pushed her and she..."

he had now turned white

"i pushed her and i lost my son." he finished.

"i-i'm so sorry!" i said and hugged him.

"do you love him?" he asked me.

"i think so but what does it matter?" i mumbled.

"come here" he said and he helt me tight.

we just stayed like that until a sarcastic voice bought us back to reality.

"look at them. yes i can see that they're fighting and getting fed up with each other." said jason turning back towards mark.

"told you she would choose him over me."

"jason wait!" called derek.

"what do you want?" he sneered and glared at both of us.

"me and dad are gonna go and leave you guys alone."

jason looked at me for a millionth of a second before saying "not a chance."

that's when i think my heart broke.

"too bad. we're locking you in" said derek, who ran out the door with the key and i heard the lock click.

"so jasmine," he spat "been getting busy with my brother i see."

i didn't think that was worth answering.

in any case i was crying to much to say anything.

"why?" i choked.

he fell to the nearest chair.