chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

i woke in a room with a cluttered desk with a laptop, a wide screen tv, a gaming console and a clothes cupboard. it was messy and dark but somehow it consoled me, made me feel... safe.

ok,

i thought, i'm crazy. i'm currently sitting, no lying - i'm to exhausted to sit up... anyway, i'm lying down in a strangers bed! where the hell am i? what the hell happened? this place looks like one of those men's houses would look like... that means that something must of happened to lover boy. i mean jason! this is bad this is very very bad. what happened to my dad? what... ok weir... i can't see... too... tire......

"i don't see why you had to knock her out again!"

"keep your voice down. she would of freaked out, you could see it in her eyes. she's lucky you woke when you did. she would of been in a lot of trouble then."

"can we not talk about that."

"why ever not?"

"because... well because - um...well - swee-jasmine! you're finally awake."

the voices belonged to jason and a woman i assumed was his mum.

they had the same warm, brown eyes and killer smile - wait! i did not just say that!

anyway, they were both looking at me.

well, staring really.

"umm, hi..." i said awkwardly.

"hello," said the woman, "my name is jasmine mc'darthy but you can call me jas. i'm erik's mum. this is going to be confusing!"

"don't listen to her. i was adopted." said jason, smiling at the woman.

"that's rude" i said to him disaprovingly "you should be happy that she took you in and loves you so much to consider you as part of her family!"

they looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"i-it's just a j-joke jasmine!" said jas, almost crying "he s-says it because he thinks his siblings are a bit s-skiwif!"

jason looked disgruntled "how many times do i have to tell you mum? that's not a word!"

jas laughed again "either are chillax and lol and omg."

"i don't say 'omg'. only girls say that."

they both laughed.

i looked on wistfully.

and wondered what it was like to have a mum.

it just made me want to cry so i stopped thinking about it and focused on jason who was trying (and failing) to avoid being hugged by his mother.

"umm mrs. mc'darthy," i started tentivally.

"yes dear, and call me jas; mrs. mcdarthy makes me sound like an old hag!" she said in a bubbly voice.

"you are old" i heard jason mutter, earning a light slap on the shoulder.

"well umm, does - does my dad know... umm what happened?"

she looked a bit worried.

"w-what happened?" i asked her and her gaze turned pitying.

jason interupted the moment with "umm jasmine do you need something to eat? or drink? you've been out for a lo-for a little bit."

"maybe some water if you don't mind." i said.

"ok! mum why don't we go and get some water for jasmine?" he said in an overly excited voice.